UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big game change unlikely

I almost hate to admit it, but I still read the tu {got to know where the enemy stands I guess}. I feel Sundays with Wilkins almost reached a new low today [i say almost, only because as we all know the tu is just plain low.] Anyhow, instead of perhaps giving any hope to UA fans of better seats and a more equitable distribution of gate receipts, he says change is "UNLIKELY". At first I was just plain mad; and then I realized of course he could NOT advocate for a positive fair change--every other year a home game for UA or splitting the arena down the middle each year (both excellent options). He works for the paper whose name is on the arena which houses the opposition and who both already reap most of the profits of this game. So, if he can not or will not be an advocate for UA, we must do so ourselves. We must DEMAND a new and equitable arrangement for this game. But I am afraid, as long as thousands of UA fans keep blindly (since it is pretty hard to see from the seats we receive) trekking down to Wilkin's arena {and Oh yes an arena built and paid for by community and not just tu money} change really is unlikely.

I am NOT recommending not attending, if UA elects to keep playing this game. We should support the team whenever and wherever we are able. But as many as possible should continue [or start if you have not already] to let UA administration know we DEMAND better seating and a more equitable distribution of receipts. While NOT recommending a boycott of a scheduled game, I would fully support and encourage UA not to schedule any further games until our DEMANDS are addressed. If you think canceling the game is harsh, than I guess Wilkins is right and change is "UNLIKELY".

I just put my thoughts on this article in is there a real game on November 8th as I think that was the most appropriate thread. To me this is not a real game until it is decided whether it is a community game or just an LCC home game. If it is an LCC home game, then it is time to play an Albany game. If it is a "community game" ticket allocation needs to change.

Edited by bob87

I almost hate to admit it, but I still read the tu {got to know where the enemy stands I guess}. I feel Sundays with Wilkins almost reached a new low today [i say almost, only because as we all know the tu is just plain low.] Anyhow, instead of perhaps giving any hope to UA fans of better seats and a more equitable distribution of gate receipts, he says change is "UNLIKELY". At first I was just plain mad; and then I realized of course he could NOT advocate for a positive fair change--every other year a home game for UA or splitting the arena down the middle each year (both excellent options). He works for the paper whose name is on the arena which houses the opposition and who both already reap most of the profits of this game. So, if he can not or will not be an advocate for UA, we must do so ourselves. We must DEMAND a new and equitable arrangement for this game. But I am afraid, as long as thousands of UA fans keep blindly (since it is pretty hard to see from the seats we receive) trekking down to Wilkin's arena {and Oh yes an arena built and paid for by community and not just tu money} change really is unlikely.

I am NOT recommending not attending, if UA elects to keep playing this game. We should support the team whenever and wherever we are able. But as many as possible should continue [or start if you have not already] to let UA administration know we DEMAND better seating and a more equitable distribution of receipts. While NOT recommending a boycott of a scheduled game, I would fully support and encourage UA not to schedule any further games until our DEMANDS are addressed. If you think canceling the game is harsh, than I guess Wilkins is right and change is "UNLIKELY".

I hold ua accountable, namely McElroy .. Pull this out of the Siena home package or cancel it... Enough is enough. Hey, they can schedule brown and get their 6k gate. And we'll go on the road if we need a payday.

I hold ua accountable, namely McElroy .. Pull this out of the Siena home package or cancel it... Enough is enough. Hey, they can schedule brown and get their 6k gate. And we'll go on the road if we need a payday.

Seriously doubt Brown would take whatever little money LCC offers. I know Vermont didn't take it. NJIT. to name 2 schools that only play them with a home and home

I don't blame Siena... They are protecting their interests... As we would be doing if the roles were reversed... It's up to our leadership to stop being pushed around on this. Cancel it and go on the road or better yet schedule another home game.

as long as you are assigning "blame", some of the "blame" goes to our fans. No one is forcing anyone to buy a ticket under this arrangement. As long as as people buy the crappy tickets and put up with second class treatment to a garbage low major like LCC, it isn't going to change and there is only some much Coach Brown can say.

Edited by bob87

I don't blame Siena... They are protecting their interests... As we would be doing if the roles were reversed... It's up to our leadership to stop being pushed around on this. Cancel it and go on the road or better yet schedule another home game.

as long as you are assigning "blame", some of the "blame" goes to our fans. No one is forcing anyone to buy a ticket under this arrangement. As long as as people buy the crappy tickets and put up with second class treatment to a garbage low major like LCC, it isn't going to change and there is only some much Coach Brown can say.

I disagree...our kids are out there playing...you'd rather we not go and not support them thus giving LCC even more of an advantage then they already have. Additionally, we get an allotment of tickets that the school gets to keep the money from those sales.

Troy Record has it right. If you go back far enough when the Washington Avenue Armory was Siena's home court, I believe the home team alternated between the schools. Like the TUC, the Armory was not on Siena's campus. Wilkins is wrong--there is no reason why it shouldn't be a non-ticket package game(both schools could benefit from the dollars) and alternate it as a home game.

I disagree...our kids are out there playing...you'd rather we not go and not support them thus giving LCC even more of an advantage then they already have. Additionally, we get an allotment of tickets that the school gets to keep the money from those sales.

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you think as fan and show by your actions that money is more important than equity, how can you really complain when the administration acts the same way.

Also I disagree with your opinion of that skipping a road game is "not supporting the team".

Men's basketball has 17 road games this season. How many will you be at.

BTW, if everyone at Albany may it clear they would not buy tickets under this arrangement, you can be sure the game would be canceled or the terms would be changed to give our kids a more fair situation.

Edited by bob87

Stop the bickering ladies...

Any of the 'other' options that have been mentioned are respectable. As is, it is a pathetic deal for UA.

I call for McElroy to take a stand on this arrangement, immediately. Bottom line is, it's a good game, but certainly

not worth it if we get boned as we are getting now. I'd rather have a money game, if we don't get some sort of 50/50 deal.

Stop the bickering ladies...

Any of the 'other' options that have been mentioned are respectable. As is, it is a pathetic deal for UA.

I call for McElroy to take a stand on this arrangement, immediately. Bottom line is, it's a good game, but certainly

not worth it if we get boned as we are getting now. I'd rather have a money game, if we don't get some sort of 50/50 deal.

No need for the name calling.

All the other options mentioned are the same ones that have been mentioned for years.

How much longer do we have to wait for Dr McElroy to take a stand on this or does it get done because you are calling for it.