UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@Bucknell 12/8

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's stiffen our spines. This is not going to be a good year. We do not have a good team. Maybe 12 wins? We are a low mid-major team. We cannot expect to recruit great basketball players. We get some good ones and we get some good ones who gel and play well above their level but we need to accept we are going to have years like this. Let's hope we give Siena a good game but I'm doubtful about that.

I know what I saw in the first 3 or 4 games and I know this team is much better than this. They were attacking, pushing pace, people were moving on offense. Whatever dump funk this is and I don't know how long it will last. This team has the talent to win the AE. Need to use the remainder of the ooc to get ready for AE play. Brown needs to find a way to get them back on the same page.

Let's stiffen our spines. This is not going to be a good year. We do not have a good team. Maybe 12 wins? We are a low mid-major team. We cannot expect to recruit great basketball players. We get some good ones and we get some good ones who gel and play well above their level but we need to accept we are going to have years like this. Let's hope we give Siena a good game but I'm doubtful about that.

Having seen Siena in every game this year... They can be had. They have had some absolute horrendous losses and stretches. Siena is not a good team... Probably better then us but that is a maybe a top 200 team.

They are soft, play zero defense they can at times look good on offense. If they have an on night on the offensive end it will be lights out early.

I know what I saw in the first 3 or 4 games and I know this team is much better than this. They were attacking, pushing pace, people were moving on offense. Whatever dump funk this is and I don't know how long it will last. This team has the talent to win the AE. Need to use the remainder of the ooc to get ready for AE play. Brown needs to find a way to get them back on the same page.

Pushing the pace is not WB style though. It's all the half-court sets which this team is lost.

I gotta say, this starts with the pg play, I think the play of Singletary has really regressed. As he goes the team goes. He was non existent for long stretches today. No one in the back court can do anything.

Regressed from what? One good game he had? Come on man! Everyone needs to take a step back. These players are NEW to this level, Singletary, Peters, Sanders, Baker, Stire and if we have learned anything from the past it is that they take TIME to learn at this level. This goes way back. I'm really unsure why people are jumping all over these guys so hard when they've played a handful of games at the D1 level. Maybe they need to sit for a while and learn, maybe they just need minutes to get past this. Either way they need time. What is most distrurbing to me is not the jucos and young guys but Peter not getting into any sort of rhythm. I just don't get it. I would think Brown would try and run more plays specifically for him but I haven't seen them. As much as this sucks it can change come conference play and conference tourney play. Let's not go nuts.

Pushing the pace is not WB style though. It's all the half-court sets which this team is lost.

Not sure why... When he was a juco coach all his team's did is run.

My biggest issue is the lack of a leader. I'm sorry, I am with Coach on his frustration with Sam at times. He's too nice. He needs to lead...truly lead. At this point, Baker and Stire are leading more than Rowley, Hooley, and the rest of the returning cast. This problem is a heart problem...and a shooting problem (our percentage is awful).

We didn't have a true leader last year and it somehow worked out.

This losing streak is reminding me of my NY football Giants. When you think they can't be this bad, they lose another to keep the losing streak going (thanks G-Men for finally ending it yesterday against a hapless Titans team). At least the Giants have had injuries. Just texted my buddy, a Niagara grad, and told him we lost again and the losing continues, and he said you can break it against the Purple Eagles if you haven't won by then cause they are horrible.

Disappointed with this loss. Especially when we had two or three good chances to win it in the closing minutes.

To me, Peter Hooley is at his best as part of an ensemble scoring unit, not as a guy who needs to go out and score 20 a game. Wheeler Baker seems very comfortable being a guy who goes out to score 20 a game. The sooner we develop other options the better we'll be.

I'm willing to cut Singletary more slack. Stepping into the PG is a tough spot and if nothing else, he's show no fear at the end of games to take big shots.