UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@Bucknell 12/8

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I think the announcer was on drugs and I'm pretty sure Peter's mom is still doing well. I haven't heard that the cancer has returned.

What did the announcer say i had the game on mute the last 10 min

Early in the game he said that Hooley was dealing with a sick mother back home who has cancer. That was the story last year. Either he doesn't know that she beat it or he got some word before the game from the Albany staff that it is back and we don't know about it. Seeing how much of an idiot the guy was I believe the former and not the latter.

Also, I think the announcer was on drugs and I'm pretty sure Peter's mom is still doing well. I haven't heard that the cancer has returned.

Early in the game he said that Hooley was dealing with a sick mother back home who has cancer. That was the story last year. Either he doesn't know that she beat it or he got some word before the game from the Albany staff that it is back and we don't know about it. Seeing how much of an idiot the guy was I believe the former and not the latter.

Considering that he was raving much of the game and somehow combined Evan Singletary's bio with DJ Evan's bio into Singletary I don't believe much of what he said. To be perfectly honest, I'm not comfortable debating the health of someone's mother on a message board anyway.

I know what I saw in the first 3 or 4 games and I know this team is much better than this. They were attacking, pushing pace, people were moving on offense. Whatever dump funk this is and I don't know how long it will last. This team has the talent to win the AE. Need to use the remainder of the ooc to get ready for AE play. Brown needs to find a way to get them back on the same page.

Pushing the pace is not WB style though. It's all the half-court sets which this team is lost.

Not sure why... When he was a juco coach all his team's did is run.

Generally, JUCO's lack any sort of defensive stalwarts. Very rare you see a defensive JUCO team.

I know what I saw in the first 3 or 4 games and I know this team is much better than this. They were attacking, pushing pace, people were moving on offense. Whatever dump funk this is and I don't know how long it will last. This team has the talent to win the AE. Need to use the remainder of the ooc to get ready for AE play. Brown needs to find a way to get them back on the same page.

Pushing the pace is not WB style though. It's all the half-court sets which this team is lost.

Not sure why... When he was a juco coach all his team's did is run.

Generally, JUCO's lack any sort of defensive stalwarts. Very rare you see a defensive JUCO team.

Agree although DJ and Gary both played tough D last year........their SECOND year in D1.

Watched the game on stream, but listened to Wyland on fox980. Roger or Zack also alluded Peter's mother is ill. They did not clarify or expand. As DP suggest, it may not be a comfortable topic for this board; unless and if a formal announcement is made.

Edited by dslyank

Totally agree. Totally. That's a very private matter, which is what made it surprising that ANYONE was talking about it from an announcer perspective. Hooley is as tough as nails, physically and mentally...and here comes a point where a human is just that, human.

Again, shocked any announcer made any comment on the subject.

First of all - I marvel at being able to watch these games in HD on my IPad.

I was okay with the Bucknell announcer - he was certainly a homer, but entertaining. Seems to me Singletary has fallen very far from the Providence game. Unfortunately, that might have been an outlier. From what I see, both Baker and Sanders play with a lot of intensity and a skill level no worse than anyone else is consistently showing. I had hoped to see more contributions from Dallas Enema. When he's in the game he seems to disappear.

I don't know the numbers, but is our free throw shooting significantly off from a year ago?

Win Saturday night and it doesn't make everything better, but it sure makes it a lot less painful.

Free throw % this year 71.6%; last year 75%, but I think it started off better then tailed off later in the year. Opponents' number also down. FG and 3-pt shooting is also down a couple of %, which at this point is a difference of only one or two more made per game. Not much, but could've turned around PC, Q, and Bucknell.

To anybody complaining about the Bucknell announcer, did you hear the St. Francis guy on Saturday? Not only even more manic and homerish, he made a lot of mistakes, and apparently was embarrassed to say Dallas' last name, pronouncing it eh-KNEE-ma.