UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The UB board makes me laugh. Someone alluded to the possibility of UB losing and he was pummeled. Now they are saying they should win by 28 to 50 points. The unadulterated gal and nonsensical comments are amazing.

Isn't Albany part of the CAA? Isn't the CAA the conference that sent 2 teams to the NCAA quarter finals? Hasn't CAA teams beaten not only MAC teams in the past but at least on one occasion a Big 10 team? Didn't Stony Brook play Buffalo hard in their last meeting? Didn't Albany beat Stony Brook in our last meeting?

The point is show some humility. Show some restraint.

------------------------------------------------

By the way this is exactly why Albany, Stony Brook and Buffalo should be playing each other. Rivalry! A poster on their UB board was talking about donating money to the athletics program based on sheer passion of this game. Because they are playing Albany. Does Ball State bring out the same passion? I'm prepared to cut my own check! This is why the SEC is so strong. Rivalries and short distances between schools. The SUNY D1 football schools need to be playing each other to build a passionate hatred and drive the money race.

Edited by SoCal_Dane

I will be going to the football game as well, hoping that it starts early in the day so I can see minor league baseball that evening.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing basketball play U Buffalo.

To me it has the potential to be a better rivarly than LCC . If we should beat them at home or on the road in basketball it would do a lot more for Albany's RPI in almost any year than defeating LCC does :)

Edited by bob87

Apparently no basketball either. I didn't think about this until recently but 4 America East teams have hockey programs. I suspect hockey is more important than basketball at Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and UMass Lowell.

Apparently no basketball either. I didn't think about this until recently but 4 America East teams have hockey programs. I suspect hockey is more important than basketball at Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and UMass Lowell.

This was discussed once on the AE forum, that the problem with America East is that its primary sport (basketball) is not the primary sport at half its schools, though at the time it was Boston U and not Lowell. This along with what AE could've been if it had decided to admninister both of what became Hockey East and A-10 (now CAA) football. Edited by UAalum72

Funding a big time hockey program would be expensive. A lot more than basketball. Besides RPI and Union have two feat D-1 programs. Probably no room for another in this area.

Yeah, that's why I said it'd like never happen. I could be a Union/RPI fan...but it's just not same as rooting for your own school lol. Wishful thinking, is all.