UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Alum73: The key word there is "younger"…LOL. I once drove back to the area from Michigan by myself…non stop…in my younger days. Honestly, if it wasn't on TV, I would have figured something out. The seats

at UB Stadium are well away from the field due to the track so the ESPN3 view should be better.

We drive to Dallas in 2 days for Christmas. We mosey back for about a month!

A month?

Man, I'd kill to have time off like that (one of my biggest bucket list items is driving through almost every state). Even with my limited vacation time, I've driven to FL 3 times (Tampa/Miami), Springfield MO, Charlotte NC like 4 times, Harrisonburg VA like 20 times, and then have criss crossed the Northeast (from Philly to Boston, NYC to Buffalo) more times than I can count. Driving does get a bit old and these days I need some REAL incentive to trek more than an hour or two. Only reason why I'm going to the Buffalo game is a previous engagement in the area and also cause I have friends willing to go. If it was just me, I'd probably watch it on TV.

A month?

Man, I'd kill to have time off like that (one of my biggest bucket list items is driving through almost every state). Even with my limited vacation time, I've driven to FL 3 times (Tampa/Miami), Springfield MO, Charlotte NC like 4 times, Harrisonburg VA like 20 times, and then have criss crossed the Northeast (from Philly to Boston, NYC to Buffalo) more times than I can count. Driving does get a bit old and these days I need some REAL incentive to trek more than an hour or two. Only reason why I'm going to the Buffalo game is a previous engagement in the area and also cause I have friends willing to go. If it was just me, I'd probably watch it on TV.

Well just finished the lower 48 on that. Probably have driven about 87% of the "1 or 2 digit "interstates miles (i-5,i-8,1-10 etc ) in the USA . Stopped to see a baseball game in all. also am working on seeing a Danes team in each state. 20 so far. Basketball in Kentucky next new state for that for me. Still better to root for the Danes in person than waytching on TV

Edited by bob87

I am amused with the UB fan forum juveniles. Really bad mouthing UA and Albany in general. This from the fans of a team that is ranked 97th-108th out of 128 FBS teams, that in 2014 had to score

2 4th 1/4 TDs to beat Duquesne, a 34 scholarship school from a league that UA dominated, that then lost to that power house Army, then got completely blasted by Baylor and later in the season lost to

Eastern Michigan…ranked in the bottom 5 of FBS. I still think UA is a longshot to beat UB, but at least we're not delusional! In 2014 the median home sale price for Erie County was $129,000…Albany County was $200,000

and Saratoga County, Albany's main "bedroom suburb", was $259,000…..yes, so many people are yearning to live in and near Buffalo and their big league teams that they are willing to pay 1/2 as much for a house there as they are willing to pay for one around the Albany area. Erie County and Buffalo are doing so well, in fact, that NYS Authorities have had to take control of their fiscal operations. Yup….terrible to be in the Albany area. Go Danes!

I forgot to mention that UB is so proud of being in Buffalo that in order to see the word "Buffalo" on their uniforms you need the Hubble Space telescope. Our only child attended UB and got a good education….and I've been to games there…and rooted for UB and still do…unless they are playing UA of course! I hate to pick on Buffalo…I really do….

I am amused with the UB fan forum juveniles. Really bad mouthing UA and Albany in general. This from the fans of a team that is ranked 97th-108th out of 128 FBS teams, that in 2014 had to score

2 4th 1/4 TDs to beat Duquesne, a 34 scholarship school from a league that UA dominated, that then lost to that power house Army, then got completely blasted by Baylor and later in the season lost to

Eastern Michigan…ranked in the bottom 5 of FBS. I still think UA is a longshot to beat UB, but at least we're not delusional! In 2014 the median home sale price for Erie County was $129,000…Albany County was $200,000

and Saratoga County, Albany's main "bedroom suburb", was $259,000…..yes, so many people are yearning to live in and near Buffalo and their big league teams that they are willing to pay 1/2 as much for a house there as they are willing to pay for one around the Albany area. Erie County and Buffalo are doing so well, in fact, that NYS Authorities have had to take control of their fiscal operations. Yup….terrible to be in the Albany area. Go Danes!

I didn't go and read it but these are fans of one the absolute worst FBS programs since they moved up. It's really a joke of a program, way in over their head. They may beat us by 40 on Saturday and then bend over for everyone else on their schedule. Going back to 2002, they have 2 winning season...more 1 and 2 win seasons than winning seasons. There isn't one game on their schedule where I'll be pulling for them, for all I care they can go winless simply because they think their garbage program is to good for us and the other SUNY's.

p.s. I'm glad we stuck a knife into their UB2020 plans and twisted it 'till the handle came off...Funny they make fun of Albany the city. Seriously, think about that, a city that is dying and has lost half of it's population making fun of anyone. Hilarious...

Edited by Clickclack

If I was in a complete division higher, I'd be bad mouthing the team below also, saying we should spank the living crap out of them. Should they be afraid of UA? No.

Now disrespecting the actual city of Albany is dumb and stupid.

We do, Oneonta, I know how this Gane is played.
Lol yup, exactly what I was thinking. I would do the samething saying we should beat them by 50. What is unnecessary is making fun of the actual town.

If I was in a complete division higher, I'd be bad mouthing the team below also, saying we should spank the living crap out of them. Should they be afraid of UA? No.

Now disrespecting the actual city of Albany is dumb and stupid.

We do, Oneonta, I know how this Gane is played.
Lol yup, exactly what I was thinking. I would do the samething saying we should beat them by 50. What is unnecessary is making fun of the actual town.

It's all in good fun, I suspect once this game is over we won't talk about them or they about us much.