UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015-2016 OOC Schedule

Never too early as Bob said..

This past year we had a OOC SOS of about 194. The schedule was also tough with the travel. In my opinion, what would help a lot in trying to attain our new goal of winning a second round game is the scheduling. If we want to win a game in the tournament one year we need to schedule at least a few BCS/High Mid Major teams to see some high athletic teams. With Oklahoma, we didn't see any team near the athleticism they had so there was nothing really for the players on the team to compare. Providence was the only tournament team we faced on our schedule.

I look at Stony Brooks OOC SOS of 74 and hope we can do something similar with the veteran group coming back. They had BCS level games at Providence, Georgia, Cincinnati, and Washington. Along with solid mid majors in Hofstra and Western Kentucky.

This year I believe we are able to do a summer trip before the season starts.

I know we've had home and homes the past few years. Quin, Colgate, HC, Bucknell, and Yale should be done, but not sure if those contracts are more than one home and home. Started new series with SFU (PA) and Niagara. NJIT is prob done since it was a H/H. I won't even bother mentioning the other team in town.

Whatever he does, we can't be on the road for a week a time like it seemed were early in the year in OOC. It's no coincidence that once we came home and kids were sleeping in their own beds, we started playing better.

Never too early as Bob said..

This past year we had a OOC SOS of about 194. The schedule was also tough with the travel. In my opinion, what would help a lot in trying to attain our new goal of winning a second round game is the scheduling. If we want to win a game in the tournament one year we need to schedule at least a few BCS/High Mid Major teams to see some high athletic teams. With Oklahoma, we didn't see any team near the athleticism they had so there was nothing really for the players on the team to compare. Providence was the only tournament team we faced on our schedule.

I look at Stony Brooks OOC SOS of 74 and hope we can do something similar with the veteran group coming back. They had BCS level games at Providence, Georgia, Cincinnati, and Washington. Along with solid mid majors in Hofstra and Western Kentucky.

This year I believe we are able to do a summer trip before the season starts.

I know we've had home and homes the past few years. Quin, Colgate, HC, Bucknell, and Yale should be done, but not sure if those contracts are more than one home and home. Started new series with SFU (PA) and Niagara. NJIT is prob done since it was a H/H. I won't even bother mentioning the other team in town.

They key to RPI and by extension better seeding in the tourney is playing up games that are winnable. It doesn't help you a lick to get a top 50 OOC SOS, get your doors blown off every night. Find some bottom half ACC/BE/A-10 teams that are willing to host us and go after them.

Furthermore, it won't be easy to get these games as most of these teams know we are coming back stacked of back to back to back NCAA trips. No one want's a loss at home to a mid like us.

Edited by Clickclack

Exactly UA08... the staff can want to play whom ever they want but if the other teams won't play us there isn't anything they can do. When you go to the tournament you end up playing really good bcs schools you can't win against and crappy mid majors since no one else wants to play you. We thought it was hard scheduling this year it'll be way worse next.

Edited by MsGDG

Whatever he does, we can't be on the road for a week a time like it seemed were early in the year in OOC. It's no coincidence that once we came home and kids were sleeping in their own beds, we started playing better.

In the past a road game near a senior players home was always a nice game for the program, but I guess getting a game in Australia for ESPN Australia against another team with Australian players would be out :(

I would assume they have started working on the schedule and like others said it is not easy.

From my point of view , new places to go on a weekend are always good.

looking forward to seeing it when it is complete,

I don't think the OOC schedule, aside from the extensive travel, is really a problem for us. It's not like we dominated last year against some mediocre competition.

Would be nice to have a staple big name game like we've had in the past - UNC/Duke come to mind for example.

As the program grows, we will find the name problem that the Murray St.'s of the world face - no one will schedule them because it does them no good. Lose and its a loss that hurts you come selection time. Win, and it doesnt help your SOS etc.

I don't think the OOC schedule, aside from the extensive travel, is really a problem for us. It's not like we dominated last year against some mediocre competition.

Would be nice to have a staple big name game like we've had in the past - UNC/Duke come to mind for example.

As the program grows, we will find the name problem that the Murray St.'s of the world face - no one will schedule them because it does them no good. Lose and its a loss that hurts you come selection time. Win, and it doesnt help your SOS etc.

I think its already a problem..that's why people complained about this years. Will even said no one would play us..that's why we had thay NJIT home and home during the AE off week.

I have to disagree there. If you want to build a fan base you need to win most importantly, but you also need some games that will intrigue fans. Road games against st francis and Colgate won't do it. I'd like to see home and homes started up again with Iona which we did a couple years ago and even Manhattan. Some other close schools where the team would not have to pay high travel costs are Northeastern, BU, URI, umass, St Johns, Rutgers, and hofstra.

If teams like Drake and Loyola Chicago paid us to go play road games, it must be an epidemic in college basketball to schedule games.

In the past a road game near a senior players home was always a nice game for the program, but I guess getting a game in Australia for ESPN Australia against another team with Australian players would be out :(

I would assume they have started working on the schedule and like others said it is not easy.

From my point of view , new places to go on a weekend are always good.

looking forward to seeing it when it is complete,

Have you seen a UA game in Australia? If they do it you'd have to go on a plane then lol

I think its already a problem..that's why people complained about this years. Will even said no one would play us..that's why we had thay NJIT home and home during the AE off week.

I agree, it's already a problem and will be worse next season.

Just looked at Pikell's contract and SBU makes them bring in a minimum of $150 in revenue from guarantee games. How much do schools usually pay for us to go play a road game?

I know we've gotten as much as $100k+ a few times playing at Pitt. These games can be very lucrative...