UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Women's Basketball Coach

From WHOOPDIRT.COM

RE: $iena

George Washington Search Update

• 13 Apr 2016

I have heard from multiple sources on the search to replace Jonathan Tsipsis at George Washington. It sounds like the search is down to 3-4 candidates, with a decision expected shortly. The names that I’ve heard are:

Ali Jaques – Head Coach Siena

Krista Kilburn-Steveskey - Head Coach Hofstra

Samantha Williams – Assistant Coach Louisville

GW Search Update II

• 14 Apr 2016

A very fluid search right now at George Washington which looks like is about to come to an end shortly. I have now heard that a decision is imminent. I can confirm that Hofstra Krista Kilburn-Steveskey is no longer involved, but a current head coach from the MAAC is making a strong push. This one could be wrapped up before the weekend. More as I hear it.

If Jaques gets the job, it will be interesting to see what her contract is.

You really can't blame the girl for backing out. She signed on with a dynamic, hard driving proven championship coach and might wind up with ???? The new one may be good too, but

it'll be a very tough act to follow.

The new coach wasn't even given a chance to try to keep her.

Re the GW search -- help me understand something. Jacques in 44-53 (22-36 in conference) in two years in a conference ranked 23rd (OK, the only conf ranking stats I can find pertain to the men's programs, I presume, but still it's indicative of the level at which the athletics operate, isn't it?) but is in contention for a HC job at school in the 8th-ranked conference? Was last year's win of that obsolete post-season tourney really enough to make her so attractive? Look what it took for Coach Abe to go to the 7th-ranked conference (yes, that the men's BB ranking for conference, but I still think it's a mostly legitimate comparison). What am I missing?

To be exact, and even more mystifying, the MAAC women were 23rd, America East 16th the AAC 9th even with UConn, and the A-10 7th. UCF was near the bottom of the AAC and GW 2nd in the A-10.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Women.html

Jacques' record is for three years, 2014-15 was their first winning season in over a decade. OK it's an improvement, but was Coach Abe's bottom-to-top of the AE too far in the past? I'd think UCF has more upside. Could be there isn't as much movement in women's coaching ranks as with the men, so you have to get out of the mindset of comparing them to men's coaching moves.

Another factor is that more and more men are taking head coaching jobs in WBB which restricts woman coaches' movement at the top level.

The UCF coach was fired March 7, the GW coach resigned after a 26-7 season on March 28. No doubt if Coach Abe had waited she could have gotten the GW job, but who can blame her? Her hiring was announced April 1.

Edited by UAalum72

From WHOOPDIRT.COM

• 13 Apr 2016

I have heard from multiple sources on the search to replace Jonathan Tsipsis at George Washington. It sounds like the search is down to 3-4 candidates, with a decision expected shortly. The names that I’ve heard are:

GW Search Update II

• 14 Apr 2016

A very fluid search right now at George Washington which looks like is about to come to an end shortly. I have now heard that a decision is imminent. I can confirm that Hofstra Krista Kilburn-Steveskey is no longer involved, but a current head coach from the MAAC is making a strong push. This one could be wrapped up before the weekend. More as I hear it.

Latest from WHOOPDIRT.COM

-------------------------------------------

GW Update: Round 3

• 14 Apr 2016

This has been one of the crazier searches that I have covered in a long time! I can now confirm that George Washington has settled on their replacement for Jonathan Tsipsis and the announcement is expected either later tonight or tomorrow morning. The choice is a current DI head coach whose candidacy came out of nowhere! More on this when it’s made official.

Thanks, Sarge, you always seem to be able to clarify things for me. I didn't know where to find the conf rankings for women's BB, so that helps. It's still a bit of a puzzler though, regarding Jacques as the choice, if indeed that's who this is about (someone who "came out of nowhere" -- although the "nowhere" could refer to a long-shot or an unknown, or it could refer to Siena being "nowhere" :) ).

From WHOOPDIRT.COM

• 13 Apr 2016

GW Search Update II

• 14 Apr 2016

• 14 Apr 2016

This has been one of the crazier searches that I have covered in a long time! I can now confirm that George Washington has settled on their replacement for Jonathan Tsipsis and the announcement is expected either later tonight or tomorrow morning. The choice is a current DI head coach whose candidacy came out of nowhere! More on this when it’s made official.

different source on twitter says its ...............

Jen Rizzotti - to GW - wow

From WHOOPDIRT.COM

• 13 Apr 2016

GW Search Update II

• 14 Apr 2016

• 14 Apr 2016

That actually makes a lot of sense... And the Hartford Courant is carrying this story ...http://www.courant.com/sports/college/jc-jennifer-rizzotti-geoge-washington-0415-20160414-story.html

From WHOOPDIRT.COM

• 13 Apr 2016

GW Search Update II

• 14 Apr 2016

• 14 Apr 2016

That actually makes a lot of sense... And the Hartford Courant is carrying this story ...http://www.courant.com/sports/college/jc-jennifer-rizzotti-geoge-washington-0415-20160414-story.html

Well, I did yell out at the Hartford UAlbany game to their bench "Coach Rizzotti is a has-been". Maybe she took it to heart to move on.

that's hurtful

From WHOOPDIRT.COM

• 13 Apr 2016

GW Search Update II

• 14 Apr 2016

• 14 Apr 2016

Well, I did yell out at the Hartford UAlbany game to their bench "Coach Rizzotti is a has-been". Maybe she took it to heart to move on.

that's hurtful!

that's hurtful

From WHOOPDIRT.COM

• 13 Apr 2016

GW Search Update II

• 14 Apr 2016

• 14 Apr 2016

that's hurtful!

haha, it was great. Happened while the whole arena was quiet too. She is a good coach, who just got completely out-recruited, out-trained, and out-coached by Coach Abe. She'll probably be successful at GW, but damn was it good to completely dominate Hartford the last number of years.

Will someone tell me what to think about this? I'm open to all possibilities, especially the more positive / upbeat ones. I do know that the "Georgetown" that Pikeville beat twice this year is the college in Kentucky, not DC. She seems to have a lot of positives in her background as player, recruiter, asst coach (of 4 WNBA players) and NAIA coach . . .