UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men's Lacrosse vs Stony Brook

Thoughts?

The kids played well without Connor - most of us agree actually better.  They were obviously out of it for a while but came on strong. So what does everyone expect against Stony Brook?

Edited by HOF2013

SB gave UVA a good tussle, but nothing else stands out. Being a rivalry I would expect their best effort. And that’s a good thing in my book. None of the AE is going to lay down for #1 and this team needs competition and not blowouts. Even if the opposition can only keep it close for a half the mentality and pressure on the players is different. I just hope in our remaining league games there are no cheap shots. 

Edited by jimbo

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

SB gave UVA a good tussle, but nothing else stands out. Being a rivalry I would expect their best effort. And that’s a good thing in my book. None of the AE is going to lay down for #1 and this team needs competition and not blowouts. Even if the opposition can only keep it close for a half the mentality and pressure on the players is different. I just hope in our remaining league games there are no cheap shots. 

100% agree!!

OK. UA has 6 players with more total points and goals than any of brooks top 5 scorers. brook's #1 goalie allows 11+ per game & saves 45% (I assume their backup is even worse.) They win face-offs @ 32 %. So is this a trap game? I know the team cannot take no one lightly, but it seems us fans should be pretty confident about his one?

32% at the X is downright embarassing.  TD should win all of them but can our offense stop screwing around and put the ball in the back of the net especially on man-ups?  Stats show 16 TOs vs Harvard and they forced only 5 of them.  Our own worse enemy

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

32% at the X is downright embarassing.  TD should win all of them but can our offense stop screwing around and put the ball in the back of the net especially on man-ups?  Stats show 16 TOs vs Harvard and they forced only 5 of them.  Our own worse enemy

They've scored 13 and 14 goals the last two games. You make it seem like they scored 5-7 the past two games. Yes, the man-up situation is bad but they are scoring goals and winning games!

9 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

I just want them to clean up the mistakes and run a effective man-up in time for tougher competition in NCAA tourney .  Duke, Maryland, Denver, etc will make us pay for TOs and 0-fers on man-up.  

That's the knock on Albany playing in the AE - that Albany doesn't have to get better as the season progresses to win games. Regardless of how poor the man up offense was against Harvard, and it was bad, the defense really played well. Harvard has some real offensive weapons and JD and the defense played great. 

Come May we are going to need to be more efficient in longer, 6 v 6 offensive situations, man-ups, and wing play when we might see Maryland again or Denver. I am brining out the nit pick here, but for as good as our offense is, we are not necessarily the crispest, cleanest in our passing and I think that is why the man-up is what it is and some of  the silly passes which result in unforced errors. Our offense is at its best when we create transition situations, 5 on 4 and 4 on 3, but less so in 6 on 6.

Those little improvements between now and May are the things that can bring the Danes a championship in Foxboro.

23 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

That's the knock on Albany playing in the AE - that Albany doesn't have to get better as the season progresses to win games. Regardless of how poor the man up offense was against Harvard, and it was bad, the defense really played well. Harvard has some real offensive weapons and JD and the defense played great. 

Come May we are going to need to be more efficient in longer, 6 v 6 offensive situations, man-ups, and wing play when we might see Maryland again or Denver. I am brining out the nit pick here, but for as good as our offense is, we are not necessarily the crispest, cleanest in our passing and I think that is why the man-up is what it is and some of  the silly passes which result in unforced errors. Our offense is at its best when we create transition situations, 5 on 4 and 4 on 3, but less so in 6 on 6.

Those little improvements between now and May are the things that can bring the Danes a championship in Foxboro.

Agree 100%

39 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I agree.  I do not understand WHY on man up they slow down and continue to just pass the ball, seems no body is able to force the issue.  I don't care if they take shots and miss.  Take shots.  Do it quick instead of slowing things down.  Move the pace.  That is what works for them