UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CAA PRE-SEASON POLL and ALL CONFERENCE PICKS

5 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Was Diggs granted another year?  Would love to see what he could do with more consistent QB play 

No

2 hours ago, Eli said:

As much as we crack on the kid, props are indeed in order for sticking it out and being multi-faceted enough to not be outright replaced right out of the program. Good for him, wish him luck and hope he can give us something.

Yep But hard to think he could beat out some of the kids at LB right now, although he is taller.  We got a couple of good ones who were redshirted last year and a couple of new ones. 

I take that back!!!  He has the size, especially if he put on a few pounds!!

Eli Mencer 6'2"  215 lbs Linebacker  RJr.  [we know how good he was last year]
Isaiah Watson  6'3"  220 lbs  Linebacker  RFr. [looked great in the spring game]
Danny Damico  6'2"  230 lbs  Linebacker  RFr.
Levi Metheny  6'1"  205 lbs Linebacker RSo.
Julian Conover  6'3"  220 lbs Linebacker  RSo.
Prince Klutsey  5'11"  200 lbs Linebacker  Sr. [been injured]
Brady Wisniewski  6'2"  215 lbs Linebacker  RSo.
Vincent Pastore  6'2"  205 lbs  Linebacker  RFr.
Robert Lachmann  6'3"  231 lbs  Defensive Lineman  [was recruited and signed as an OLB]
Neven Sussman  6'3"  218 lbs  Quarterback/Punter  Sr. [now LB]

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I am wondering if Justin Walker was an academic casualty?  He played in the spring game and played last year.  He was a big recruit at LB from Lackawanna.

He was # 33 at the spring game right?  And he played well.   Got to be Academics I would guess. That's one of the pain in the ass things from the spring game.  No roster so it was hard to tell who some of the guys were.

Edited by HOF2013

Ryan Solt has a Facebook page that still has UA featured, but it shows that he started a new job as a server at Red Lobster back around the time of the spring game. What that all means....I dunno. 

36 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Ryan Solt has a Facebook page that still has UA featured, but it shows that he started a new job as a server at Red Lobster back around the time of the spring game. What that all means....I dunno. 

More Academic issues maybe

10 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

More Academic issues maybe

We never know, do we? There’s one we were expecting, but they didn’t show up. A little FB research showed a cute little kid added to the mix. Sometimes life gets in the way of dreams. There’s such a myriad of reasons why an athlete, or any student, needs to make a change. In general it’s none of our business, but I’m always curious as to why. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jimbo said:

We never know, do we? There’s one we were expecting, but they didn’t show up. A little FB research showed a cute little kid added to the mix. Sometimes life gets in the way of dreams. There’s such a myriad of reasons why an athlete, or any student, needs to make a change. In general it’s none of our business, but I’m always curious as to why. 

Agree!

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Honestly that Maine result is shocking...wow...

I’d agree that the score is shocking but I don’t see how UNH could have been a top 3 team nationally.  I posted this previously - they have a very difficult schedule and wouldn’t be surprised if they lost at least 5 games.