UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CAA PRE-SEASON POLL and ALL CONFERENCE PICKS

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I'm sorry but it needs to be asked...does that mean NO MORE scrambles up the middle for 2.8 inches (aka Bernard "money" play)?

Ummm...how is this offense going to move the ball without that play?

tenor.gif?itemid=11666212

Wow! Going from QB to LB as a senior? I guess the QB room was getting a little crowded. Let’s be fair to the kid. According to stats he averaged 2.5 yards per carry in 2017. That was an improvement over 2016 when he did 1.4. Of course he lost a couple hundred on sacks so that does hurt the average. Yeah, the 2.5 yards and a cloud of rubber pellets offense will be missed....not! At least us folks in 205 can stop calling out the play for the opposition. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eli check out the roster and the new players.  Coach Davis has NO Loyalty whatever to the QB's of the past.  Plus we now have TWO good running backs.  Several FAST WR on this year's roster [new kids].  Check out some of the guys offers are out to for next year.   Several FAST WR's, a couple of BIG FB who are also linemen and LB's.  We have several big fast LB's who are soph's and Jr's this year too.  

Edited by HOF2013

1 minute ago, jimbo said:

Wow! Going from QB to LB as a senior? I guess the QB room was getting a little crowded. Let’s be fair to the kid. According to stats he averaged 2.5 yards per carry in 2017. That was an improvement over 2016 when he did 1.4. Of course he lost a couple hundred on sacks so that does hurt the average. Yeah, the 2.5 yards and a cloud of rubber pellets offense will be missed....not! At least us folks in 205 can stop calling out the play for the opposition. ?

He! He! He!  LMAO!!  Yep 205 is the place to be

Just now, jimbo said:

I wonder if the new OC merely crossed out the play or tore out the page from the play book and took it over the ion beam laboratory and had it reduced to quarks?

EB and the other guys have mentioned a new playbook.  We'll have to wait and see.

57 minutes ago, jimbo said:

54 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I wonder if the new OC merely crossed out the play or tore out the page from the play book and took it over the ion beam laboratory and had it reduced to quarks?

lol. Seriously. We called it EVERY time except for like one. Over 2 years lol.

Person 1: "Here is Sussman!"
Person 2: "Is he going to run or pass!?  No one knows!!!"
Person 3: "He's going to run it! WATCH!"
*Sussman runs*
*205 laughs out loud and then gets angry at the insanity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results*

Rinse repeat.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

Eli check out the roster and the new players.  Coach Davis has NO Loyalty whatever to the QB's of the past.  Plus we now have TWO good running backs.  Several FAST WR on this year's roster [new kids].  Check out some of the guys offers are out to for next year.   Several FAST WR's, a couple of BIG FB who are also linemen and LB's.  We have several big fast LB's who are soph's and Jr's this year too.  

Was Diggs granted another year?  Would love to see what he could do with more consistent QB play 

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I looked back to 2013 (I think) and Jake Meek averaged over 6 yards....and basically we all knew he was going to run. Somehow it worked.

If I recall though, they did other things with him like end arounds, etc...not just up the middle each time. Plus, wasn't he a receiver? I recall him lining up at receiver then going into the backfield, etc.

Edited by Eli

Big loss with Mason Gray.  In my opinion, when he wasn’t getting personal fouls, he was one of the best safeties in the conference.

Also, kudos to Sussman for staying with the program - I believe he graduated in three years.  He didn’t transfer when he lost the starting position but instead punted and will now be a linebacker.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, reeder said:

Big loss with Mason Gray.  In my opinion, when he wasn’t getting personal fouls, he was one of the best safeties in the conference.

Also, kudos to Sussman for staying with the program - I believe he graduated in three years.  He didn’t transfer when he lost the starting position but instead punted and will now be a linebacker.  

As much as we crack on the kid, props are indeed in order for sticking it out and being multi-faceted enough to not be outright replaced right out of the program. Good for him, wish him luck and hope he can give us something.