UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WOW!  What a game.  Play FAR better. Better middie play, better wing play.  On Faceoff we are terrible without Jones.  He has to be injured.  PLEASE someone let us know what is up.  Still made dumb turnovers!!

Edited by HOF2013

2 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

WOW!  What a game.  Play FAR better. Better middie play, better wing play.  On Faceoff we are terrible without Jones.  He has to be injured.  PLEASE someone let us know what is up.  Still made dumb turnovers!!

Younger team, likely more turnovers for short term.   Hopefully with more game experience goes down. Onward to next weekend.

I saw Jones, but don't know what was up. If I can i will try and find out.

Mostly, just so happy for Davis Diamond who was getting hosed. Welcome back Davis!

Hopefully LSN has the game on demand so I can watch it, but again the close D played well one on one, but still looked like a lot of unnecessary slides. Most of the breakdowns seemed to be by middies and LSM's.

What seemed like a lot of sketchy calls by the coaches didn't seem to cost us in the end. Looking at the scores today, it is going to be a crazy season so to get a much needed road win was a big deal.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I saw Jones, but don't know what was up. If I can i will try and find out.

Mostly, just so happy for Davis Diamond who was getting hosed. Welcome back Davis!

Hopefully LSN has the game on demand so I can watch it, but again the close D played well one on one, but still looked like a lot of unnecessary slides. Most of the breakdowns seemed to be by middies and LSM's.

What seemed like a lot of sketchy calls by the coaches didn't seem to cost us in the end. Looking at the scores today, it is going to be a crazy season so to get a much needed road win was a big deal.

YES road win is big!  Drexel is no slouch this year either!  Agree on the unnecessary slides. Yale up by 2 over Penn State at halftime, Maryland won by 5 or 6.  I Agree, I thought the middies did play better BUT got beat on the offensive end, AND had several bad passes.  The wings did NOT get as many ground balls as they need to off the scrum.  I think it is pretty obvious that Jones is a better FO guy.  Hope he is back soon.  These officials called the game much closer.  If they were at Last weeks game we would have had about 8 man ups!!!!!

Edited by HOF2013

Wasn't pretty but got the W. 6 on 6 defense outstanding especially in last 5 minutes, but very good all game. Most of drexel goals man-up or unsettled. Sierkierski looking very good. Making ALL the routine saves and good amount of the tough ones also. Announcers said he had 13 saves in the second half, but maybe I misheard. will check box when available (actually 14 total for the game.) Man-up needs WORK, but seemed to get better in the second half (getting a lot of opportunity -- still seems more aggressive team not getting called; while UA more noted for finesse and skill and NOT FOR aggressiveness getting penalized A LOT.) Offense coming around; drexel goalie in first qtr made some great saves, or this game might not have been close. Diamond stepped up; but also missed a routine and uncontested pass and loss it out of bounds. Yunker also flubbed a couple easy ones. Growing pains I guess. I liked how Marr used Tehoka after the injury or discipline benching. 

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Wasn't pretty but got the W. 6 on 6 defense outstanding especially in last 5 minutes, but very good all game. Most of drexel goals man-up or unsettled. Sierkierski looking very good. Making ALL the routine saves and good amount of the tough ones also. Announcers said he had 13 saves in the second half, but maybe I misheard. will check box when available (believe 18-20 for the game.) Man-up needs WORK, but seemed to get better in the second half (getting a lot of opportunity -- still seems more aggressive team not getting called; while UA more noted for finesse and skill and NOT FOR aggressiveness getting penalized A LOT.) Offense coming around; drexel goalie in first qtr made some great saves, or this game might not have been close. Diamond stepped up; but also missed a routine and uncontested pass and loss it out of bounds. Yunker also flubbed a couple easy ones. Growing pains I guess. I liked how Marr used Tehoka after the injury or discipline benching. 

The kids play GREAT today over-all.  Had a few mistakes,even though i was pissed at them, they made FAR fewer bad passes than last week and far few turnovers than last week..  still getting their groove on and building chemistry!  he had 14 saves for the game.  No injury for Naticoke.  He sat him to make apoint.  8 for 27 on Faceoffs!!!!!  Wings did better on scrums , but still have to pick up more ground balls!

Dhluy is having an absolutely amazing start to the season.

The man down defense hasn't been great. I have some strong feelings on that, but am going to stick by my policy of not saying anything remotely negative about player(s). After all it is the coaching staff that makes those calls.

Only goal is to continue to get better and find a way to make it to the tournament.

13 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Dhluy is having an absolutely amazing start to the season.

The man down defense hasn't been great. I have some strong feelings on that, but am going to stick by my policy of not saying anything remotely negative about player(s). After all it is the coaching staff that makes those calls.

Only goal is to continue to get better and find a way to make it to the tournament.

He looked good, just wish those guys would RUN the ball toward the midfield line rather than trying to make those long passes, made two or three bad passes.  They seem scared or unsure of themselves when they try to run it toward that line! 

Well I no longer have a son on the team and I am the least PC guy you will ever meet.  This is TOP Level D I Lacrosse and the best kids need to play!!!  PERIOD!  Man down is not good.  Sorry to say it BUT #4 is terrible, very slow a foot and gets beat a lot! I seem to focus on him but others must not be doing well either.  The kids who are not playing just have to do GREAT in practice and force themselves in there.

Edited by HOF2013

Since you brought it up I will comment, but you can't have one of the most limited or the most athletically limited guy playing man down and taking face off's. There are definitely much better options. 

I think the poles are being asked to do too much in the clearing games with middies not getting open.

Just now, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Since you brought it up I will comment, but you can't have one of the most limited or the most athletically limited guy playing man down and taking face off's. There are definitely much better options. 

I think the poles are being asked to do too much in the clearing games with middies not getting open.

That may be true, it seems if they run the ball up field, at least 1/2 the way it will be easier to make better and of course shorter passes. What do I know?  Yes he took one faceoff.  But he is very limited, footspeed is awful..  Got some scholarship from the Onondaga Nation I think.  I think there must be some kind of politics involved. Not saying anything else about it but everyone can see it is a big problem!

19 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Schwab #42 got beat at least three times because of over sliding

Did not really notice this; but Schwab seemed to take the lesson of the week seriously. Was very aggressive on "ground balls." He was the only middie or non long stick to record multiple ground ball wins. [box score had @2, but it seemed he had more --maybe a couple ground ball assists if there was such a thing??]  Anyhow, I like the kids aggressiveness and if he IS over sliding coaches can work on that. Maybe can be lesson for whole team this week?

31 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Did not really notice this; but Schwab seemed to take the lesson of the week seriously. Was very aggressive on "ground balls." He was the only middie or non long stick to record multiple ground ball wins. [box score had @2, but it seemed he had more --maybe a couple ground ball assists if there was such a thing??]  Anyhow, I like the kids aggressiveness and if he IS over sliding coaches can work on that. Maybe can be lesson for whole team this week?

They were all a lot better on ground balls I'd say.  Much more aggressive than against Syracuse but still lost 49 - 38 on the ground balls!  Schwab got beat at least three times for goals in close BUT he is a soph and will get better AND he is not alone in that.  We want them to be better but they are still learning to play together.  We have to remember that we lost a LOT of players from last year!  I think the team over-all was FAR better this week and should continue to get better.  They will have another tough game this week against Cornell!  FO has to improve a lot if we are to get back into the tourney this year!