UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Okay so now we are 1 - 1 , with the tough schedule stretch continuing.  Next up top 5 ranked Cornell.  Thoughts!!!  We should know more about Cornell after today BUT Lehigh has two losses already - they did beat NJIT

02/09 vs Hofstra L 3-4
02/15 @ Virginia L 8-11

Edited by HOF2013

3 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Okay so now we are 1 - 1 , with the tough schedule stretch continuing.  Next up top 5 ranked Cornell.  Thoughts!!!  We should know more about Cornell after today BUT Lehigh has two losses already - they did beat NJIT

02/09 vs Hofstra L 3-4
02/15 @ Virginia L 8-11

Hopefully Jones and Goldsmith are healthy for next week. Nate is showing he is an able replacement for JD.

The big question is what is the offensive rotation? I think you have to keep Patterson on the field and not run him out of the box because after Eccles, he is the best outside shooter and is pretty deadly on those fast break and unsettled plays.

I think you have to roll with Diamond. Again no idea how he was buried on the depth chart. Attack should be Diamond, Tehoka, and Patterson, and then run Yunker on to play down low. Tehoka and Patterson are just too valuable on those unsettled plays to not have them on the field all the time. Once it gets settled have Tehoka come up top and get him the ball on the move rather than in static situations where he can easily be double teamed. Those four seem to be the best combination right now, and I would work in McComber.

Some established offensive midfielders need to start being productive. What I like about my suggested offensive mix is that you have to pole Tehoka which either leaves Eccles with a shorty or having them put a shorty on either Yunker or Diamond. While neither of them are explosive dodgers it makes Yunker a more effective feeder and Diamond a more dangerous finisher.

I agree with you on the man down. We are 50% which isn't good and we were a dropped pass and a pipe away from being 60% or so which isn't going to cut it.

37 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Hopefully Jones and Goldsmith are healthy for next week. Nate is showing he is an able replacement for JD.

The big question is what is the offensive rotation? I think you have to keep Patterson on the field and not run him out of the box because after Eccles, he is the best outside shooter and is pretty deadly on those fast break and unsettled plays.

I think you have to roll with Diamond. Again no idea how he was buried on the depth chart. Attack should be Diamond, Tehoka, and Patterson, and then run Yunker on to play down low. Tehoka and Patterson are just too valuable on those unsettled plays to not have them on the field all the time. Once it gets settled have Tehoka come up top and get him the ball on the move rather than in static situations where he can easily be double teamed. Those four seem to be the best combination right now, and I would work in McComber.

Some established offensive midfielders need to start being productive. What I like about my suggested offensive mix is that you have to pole Tehoka which either leaves Eccles with a shorty or having them put a shorty on either Yunker or Diamond. While neither of them are explosive dodgers it makes Yunker a more effective feeder and Diamond a more dangerous finisher.

I agree with you on the man down. We are 50% which isn't good and we were a dropped pass and a pipe away from being 60% or so which isn't going to cut it.

Great assessment. I think we missed Jones more than Goldsmith, BUT he is steady guy to have in there. I like bringing Tehoka form the box [he seems to have more energy] and leaving Patterson in but what do I know.  I thought defense played VERY well [except for man-down]

24 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Cornell beats Lehigh 14-9

Would have thought Cornell would score more.  Lehigh was up 9 -7 at the end of the 3rd, Cornell scored 7 in the 4th.

Edited by HOF2013

4 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Nasty day up here. Only good thing it isn't too windy.

Looks like offense will be short handed today so we'll see how it goes.

What, who?  I have to ask about Jones as well.