Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

French capitalized on good passes for easy layups/dunks and missed free throws.  He is not a Division 1 player.  He is big and that's it.  

And you can tell he is not a D1 player based on what? He’s played 1.8 min a game for the year and I bet all those min came in garbage time or against the D3 they played. If he’s not a D1 player half these guys on the team right now aren’t either.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Foul shooting definitely cost the game, but that wouldn't have been the issue if the team didn't give up 14 offensive rebounds. That part was the hardest thing for me to see. So many second and third

I just got done watching the game. My thoughts: Good - I don't get the French hate. The kid made a helluva time out of his chance in the first half and then the team changed their MO in the 2

Completely disagree.  Kid has barely played.  At best your only response can, and should be, "we don't know what we have with him unless he plays more." He was super athletic, super busy, his D was

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

You may be right... But I'd still like to see if there's something there. The alternative is more of the same brutal inside play. 

I'll answer that question for u . NO. There is nothing there.  Instead when/if Lulka gets healthy , rotate Lukla, Hansen, and Malachi at the 5 and 4 spot. Play the other two bigs 5 minutes a game combine. 

Go small. Try something new. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

And you can tell he is not a D1 player based on what? He’s played 1.8 min a game for the year and I bet all those min came in garbage time or against the D3 they played. If he’s not a D1 player half these guys on the team right now aren’t either.

Because I watch the games . Please go back and watch him . Early on he was fumbling passes ... missing easy hoops and terrible on defense (of course limited chances ). But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go back and watch the games he was in . TERRIBLE . and I mean ABSOLUTLEY ATROCIOUSLY TERRIBLE. 

He played fine today. But he is not a division 1 player . I hope I am wrong. But right now, half way through his jr season, I am not.  

Edited by UA1882
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I'll answer that question for u . NO. There is nothing there.  Instead when/if Lulka gets healthy , rotate Lukla, Hansen, and Malachi at the 5 and 4 spot. Play the other two bigs 5 minutes a game combine. 

Go small. Try something new. 

This was new and I thought it was pretty good. His length bothered Monmouth. He had 2 rejections on a team with zero shot blocking and caused a few other wild shots running down kids on breakaway. What you're peddling after this... Im not buying. He was a net positive tonight. Granted his got a long history of doing nothing here but I'd like to see if this is something new in terms of development or an aberration. 

 

The kid who isn't a d1 player is rizzuto... 1 for 7 with 3pts and 2to. That's a kid that needs to get stapled and super glued to the bench. A complete zero. Other then taking up a roster spot what does he do for this program? One of the worst offensive players maybe in the history of the program. The above is simply commentary on him as a basketball player... Nothing personal but its hard to watch without being angry. Does nothing positive at all on the court with time given. 

Edited by Clickclack
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

And you can tell he is not a D1 player based on what? He’s played 1.8 min a game for the year and I bet all those min came in garbage time or against the D3 they played. If he’s not a D1 player half these guys on the team right now aren’t either.

Ur right.  Probably half the team is not. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

This was new and I thought it was pretty good. His length bothered Monmouth. He had 2 rejections on a team with zero shot blocking and caused a few other wild shots running down kids on breakaway. What you're peddling after this... Im not buying. He was a net positive tonight. 

 

The kid who isn't a d1 player is rizzuto... 1 for 7 with 3pts and 2to. That's a kid that needs to get stapled and super glued to the bench. A complete zero. 

We will visit this at the half way point of the conference schedule. I will remember and if I'm wrong I will 100 percent come back on this thread and say so. We will see. 

Edited by UA1882
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

Because I watch the games . Please go back and watch him . Early on he was fumbling passes ... missing easy hoops and terrible on defense (of course limited chances ). But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go back and watch the games he was in . TERRIBLE . and I mean ABSOLUTLEY ATROCIOUSLY TERRIBLE. 

He played fine today. But he is not a division 1 player . I hope I am wrong. But right now, half way through his jr season, I am not.  

How many chances has the French gotten? You want to talk fumbling passes missing bunnies, just watch tape on Lulka last year. The difference is he’s allowed to play through it, while French would get the quick hook. French altered a ton of shots with just his size and length today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

This was new and I thought it was pretty good. His length bothered Monmouth. He had 2 rejections on a team with zero shot blocking and caused a few other wild shots running down kids on breakaway. What you're peddling after this... Im not buying. He was a net positive tonight. 

 

The kid who isn't a d1 player is rizzuto... 1 for 7 with 3pts and 2to. That's a kid that needs to get stapled and super glued to the bench. A complete zero. 

Clearly we know why he’s playing. *(Rizzuto)

Edited by UA'08
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Clearly we know why he’s playing. 

Nepotism? Because I can't think why else. There exists a hook for everyone but him. Refuses to attack the basket... Launches deep 2 and 3 pt shots and runs the other way. 

 

Again... Completely two different teams... The team first 10 minutes with ball movement attacking the basket and then the losing product the rest of the game. Mind-boggling. 

Edited by Clickclack
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought French did what you want your role players to do - play with energy.

Hansen was more of the guy I hoped he'd be. Rebound and block shots.

Hopefully this week we can get everyone healthy and practice together. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Nepotism? Because I can't think why else. There exists a hook for everyone but him. Refuses to attack the basket... Launches deep 2 and 3 pt shots and runs the other way. 

 

Again... Completely two different teams... The team first 10 minutes with ball movement attacking the basket and then the losing product the rest of the game. Mind-boggling. 

It’s what I was thinking, but who knows. Only thing we know is he has not been good.

I thought I heard the announcer say Monmouth had only played 2 games in December so that could have had a lot to do with it. If the team has shown the ability, but can’t maintain it, that’s something for the coaching staff to figure out. If the talent is there as some are saying it’s their job to get it to work.

It always seems to be these 5+ min of just terrible offense and turnovers. When you can see things are starting to get out of whack burn a time out sooner than later and it’s always been later.

Edited by UA'08
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Played OK in spurts but 60 shots for them... 42 for us. Gave up to many offensive boards. Missed 10fts.

Nailed It. Except I think it was 11 free's missed. 13-24 for UA; 14-16 monmouth. 

Speaking of sitting people:  Rizzuto of course (even though IMHO feel at some point he will find his shot/game-tough kid); but IMHO send Lauderdale tp Florida or further-- can't shoot, can't defend, can't get off his feat to block or rebound. I would play him behind Luka, Hansen, French, & Hanks {even with the bad hands.}

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dslyank said:

Nailed It. Except I think it was 11 free's missed. 13-24 for UA; 14-16 monmouth. 

Speaking of sitting people:  Rizzuto of course (even though IMHO feel at some point he will find his shot/game-tough kid); but IMHO send Lauderdale tp Florida or further-- can't shoot, can't defend, can't get off his feat to block or rebound. I would play him behind Luka, Hansen, French, & Hanks {even with the bad hands.}

Lulka, Lauderdale and Hanks can get about 6 inches off the ground combined.

I’ve only watched one UA player be successful as a big not be able to jump and that was Sam Rowley. None of those three have craftiness, footwork, or touch like him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Nailed It. Except I think it was 11 free's missed. 13-24 for UA; 14-16 monmouth. 

Speaking of sitting people:  Rizzuto of course (even though IMHO feel at some point he will find his shot/game-tough kid); but IMHO send Lauderdale tp Florida or further-- can't shoot, can't defend, can't get off his feat to block or rebound. I would play him behind Luka, Hansen, French, & Hanks {even with the bad hands.}

That's the problem... There is no solution. Every kid you try sucks. When there is a glimmer of hope it's fleeting. Next game snaps everyone back to the horrible reality that this is a bad roster. 

 

I don't know.. Sick and tired of loss after loss after loss. Record is 1-5 last 6 games. What are we doing here as a program? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news... There it is. Kenpom has updated projections and Albany is now expected to finish 15-16 on the season. If you follow kenpom... You known how scary accurate his analytics are. 

 

Scary thing is... With every game win projections drop. He predicted we'd lose to Monmouth by 3...of course we lost by 2.

 

Next up... Columbia. We are a 5pt dog. 

 

5-8 against an ooc sos of 281. Last fan put turn off the lights. 

Edited by Clickclack
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Eli changed the title to Game #14: 12/21/19 - 2:00PM @ Monmouth

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...