UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

19 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

The sad part is that the overly negative posts have driven some fans away from the site as well. I know multiple people who go to all the games and are big fans, but they hate coming to the site because of the negativity. I have heard stories from people connected to the program that it got in some players heads and affected their play. May have caused some to transfer or never attend in the first place when they were searching for schools.

I usually try and keep it as positive as I can and definitely skip whole sections when the name calling and nit picking get too serious. But if I understand your sentiments  here I got to disagree. If people leave this blog because it is too negative, I feel sorry for them, but their choice to do so; just as it is everyone who does participate choice to rant to their hearts desire {provide they adhere to the rules of the blog.} If any players left because of this blog [which I seriously doubt by the way--may have been a contributing factor but NO more IMHO], they probably found the grass is not always greener elsewhere {ask Dev Holmes} and they would most definitely find this blog is NO worse than any others and considerably BETTER than most.  

So skip the negative parts and people lighting themselves un-fire; if you like, but don't give up on this blog. A lot of GOOD people on this blog who ALL LOVE UA athletics. 

Edited by dslyank

Over the last couple of days, I have taken the time to read everyone's comments.  Are people being negative and/or frustrated?  Perhaps, however I see it as disappointment in not being able to say "UAlbany basketball 🏀 is back baby!". Taking the line from the Seinfeld series and perhaps allowing us a couple of weeks being on top.  Sadly for us, Stony Brook did not duplicate their Hartford effort.

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

I usually try and keep it as positive as I can and definitely skip whole sections when the name calling and nit picking get too serious. But if I understand your sentiments  here I got to disagree. If people leave this blog because it is too negative, I feel sorry for them, but their choice to do so; just as it is everyone who does participate choice to rant to their hearts desire {provide they adhere to the rules of the blog.} If any players left because of this blog [which I seriously doubt by the way--may have been a contributing factor but NO more IMHO], they probably found the grass is not always greener elsewhere {ask Dev Holmes} and they would most definitely find this blog is NO worse than any others and considerably BETTER than most.  

So skip the negative parts and people lighting themselves un-fire; if you like, but don't give up on this blog. A lot of GOOD people on this blog who ALL LOVE UA athletics. 

Agreed. I was just relaying what was actually told to me by several fans that sit around me in SEFCU. The people that sit behind me always ask me stuff about the team and the opponent. I share with them what I know, but I always suggest they come here. So much good info. But multiple people told me they didn't like the tone. They said if they wanted the negativity they would follow LCC. With that comment, I said they would fit right in, but to each his own.