UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New basketball jersey sneak peak

Eli

5 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Are you talking about his hair style or the uniform... LOL  maybe looks better in gold

If it ain't purple I don't want nothing to do with it.

Black or gold looks too much like UMBC. We need white at home and purple on the road.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eli said:

If it ain't purple I don't want nothing to do with it.

Black or gold looks too much like UMBC. We need white at home and purple on the road.

Black and gold uniforms ...  likely similar to dozens of other schools uniform ... likely the brand people recommended the change

I have been UAlbany fan since 1970... seen 750 + plus games in person .... new uniforms  .... do not bother me .... must not be a diehard.... over the years the uniforms have changed a number of times ... to me its not about the uniforms

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

7 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I have been UAlbany fan since 1970... seen 750 + plus games in person .... new uniforms  .... do not bother me .... must not be a diehard.... over the years the uniforms have changed a number of times ... to me its not about the uniforms

So you'd be okay with us wearing poop brown jerseys? I doubt that hah. It may not have been important in the 70's, but team image/branding is VERY important even at the college level these days. It helps, to some extent (maybe not so much at UA but definitely at bigger schools), the bottom line when people want to wear what the team is wearing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Eli said:

So you'd be okay with us wearing poop brown jerseys? I doubt that hah. It may not have been important in the 70's, but team image/branding is VERY important even at the college level these days. It helps, to some extent (maybe not so much at UA but definitely at bigger schools), the bottom line when people want to wear what the team is wearing.

What was important to me in the 1970's is the same thing in the 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's and now in the 2020's:  The quality of the team on the court......when you started this thread you describe the color as black .... now its "poop brown"....I know branding is important ... that is why I am giving the new uniforms a chance ... "LET"S GIVE THE NEW UNIFORMS A CHANCE"... or from the TIASHOKE FARMS (Easton, NY) Instagram post....PEACE, LOVE and PUMPKINS.... for God's sake...

• Confused 1

You said jerseys aren't of concern to you...so I asked, even poop brown? At this point the conversation is not about the jerseys pictured above so not sure what them being or not being black has anything to do with the current tangent? Sorry, I guess that didn't translate...

Anyhow, these jerseys aren't great.

The best jersey's we've had in my time as a UA fan are these:

#1:

_big_073_14December19_Niagara_vs_UAlbany

#2:

5b9be917027c6.image.jpg?resize=1200,1635

#3:

FZIHJEAOMHEWRAT.20121202035022.jpg

• Thanks 1

I don’t mind the black, just wish it was an alternate instead. Purple, gold, and white should be the main uniforms. Also Healy has some nice lettuce there

edit: how can we be purplefam and barely have any purple in the unis lol

Edited by ctdanes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ctdanes said:

I don’t mind the black, just wish it was an alternate instead. Purple, gold, and white should be the main uniforms. Also Healy has some nice lettuce there

edit: how can we be purplefam and barely have any purple in the unis lol

Yeah, that mane is majestic. I'm jealous.

• Like 1

I heard that the special blue ribbon committee that was convened to make the jersey selection was made up of John D'Argenio (lcc Director of Athletics), the mother.in.law of an unnamed assistant coach, and Mike Trimboli ... seriously, I'm not much into fashion, but who made this call???? ... state university/bureaucratic decision making at its best... guessing that the supplier had an overstock of this product from a few years back sitting on a warehouse shelf ... 75% off ... "Come on man!"

• Like 1