UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #7: 1/16/21 - 5:00PM vs NJIT

Eli

6 hours ago, Eli said:

Good to know. We've actually started the process to move to Tampa, expect to be there by end of Feb or so...I have a few Jets/Heat/Rangers hats but my UA hat is quite old. And actually, I found that hat on eBay, so perhaps check there? It may not be 'officially' licensed, but if our school can't figure out how to sell merch then screw em I say.

Welcome, I'm on the west coast about two hours or so from Tampa.  

Good to see others leaving the cold, high tax state of NY as I did in 2017 although I chose NC.  I visit FL often due to family there, but always felt that it is a screwed up state and wouldn't want to live there, lol. No one is a fan of the governor, can say that about Cuomo too I guess.  Was in Jacksonville in Nov for daughters graduation and masks and social distancing is very optional.  A little better in Naples area where my mother is due to more senior population there.  

Good luck Eli.  Won't get live reports from SEFCU from you anymore (post Covid) or how much snow was piling up! 

23 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Good to see others leaving the cold, high tax state of NY as I did in 2017 although I chose NC.  I visit FL often due to family there, but always felt that it is a screwed up state and wouldn't want to live there, lol. No one is a fan of the governor, can say that about Cuomo too I guess.  Was in Jacksonville in Nov for daughters graduation and masks and social distancing is very optional.  A little better in Naples area where my mother is due to more senior population there.  

Good luck Eli.  Won't get live reports from SEFCU from you anymore (post Covid) or how much snow was piling up! 

Jeez..if Naples is better than Jacksonville as far as Covid protocols that sounds scary!  There's a nutso local farm mogul who discourages his staff and clients from wearing them at all!

13 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Charlotte, NC is where I thought I would end up if I ever moved and I guess it's still a backup if FL doesn't pan out like we think it will. But we're hoping the lack of income tax, weather (even when its brutally hot) and other small things like that will make up for any nostalgic longing for the 518 that I've known for virtually me entire life (except for that stint in the USSR lol).

But yeah, no more live UA sports for me although I will likely maintain my season tickets and may come home for homecoming, etc. or so. I consider it a donation to help keep the program afloat. I honestly was worried it would be a tough decision to leave family and UA sports but COVID helped solve the UA issue pretty quick...I'm completely disinterested at this time. Only thing I will obviously miss is family (we have zero in FL).

Anyhow...life is a journey...gotta enjoy what we can :).

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Eli said:

Charlotte, NC is where I thought I would end up if I ever moved and I guess it's still a backup if FL doesn't pan out like we think it will. But we're hoping the lack of income tax, weather (even when its brutally hot) and other small things like that will make up for any nostalgic longing for the 518 that I've known for virtually me entire life (except for that stint in the USSR lol).

But yeah, no more live UA sports for me although I will likely maintain my season tickets and may come home for homecoming, etc. or so. I consider it a donation to help keep the program afloat. I honestly was worried it would be a tough decision to leave family and UA sports but COVID helped solve the UA issue pretty quick...I'm completely disinterested at this time. Only thing I will obviously miss is family (we have zero in FL).

Anyhow...life is a journey...gotta enjoy what we can :).

I wish you and your family well, stay safe....stay connected

• Like 1