UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Full Spring Sports Schedule Announcement

cwdickens

8 hours ago, Eli said:

I've lost all desire to watch UA sports. Agree with dslyank in the other thread he mistakenly posted in...not knowing how things will be streamed or shown to fans is not helping.

I know that across this nation, sport fans of many other universities and colleges (at all levels) feel left out... think about the Union and Rensselaer sport fans....saying something here or letter to editor to the Times or the Daily Gazette may help... UAlbany problem... the people infrasture is thin .... particularly in live sports production... per staff directory one person.... not going to cut it in this day of age..

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

post moved:

NO WORD on streaming in-lieu of IN-PERSON. Typical lack of communication or simply lack of knowing what they are really doing????????

Anybody have any idea/thoughts how UA fans will be allowed to follow their teams without fans in the stands???? Does anybody really care anymore?? Don't mean to be negative; but got another request for money yesterday. Would be nice if they reported more than just:

Due to current New York State COVID-19 guidelines, fan attendance and tailgating at sporting events is prohibited.  UAlbany Athletics is committed to adhering to these guidelines, but will monitor the situation closely in the event any change allows fan attendance at all home venues this spring.  Should current restrictions lift, the department will be in communication regarding how to secure tickets for the upcoming 2020-21 season.

Edited by dslyank

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

post moved:

NO WORD on streaming in-lieu of IN-PERSON. Typical lack of communication or simply lack of knowing what they are really doing????????

Anybody have any idea/thoughts how UA fans will be allowed to follow their teams without fans in the stands???? Does anybody really care anymore?? Don't mean to be negative; but got another request for money yesterday. Would be nice if they reported more than just:

Due to current New York State COVID-19 guidelines, fan attendance and tailgating at sporting events is prohibited.  UAlbany Athletics is committed to adhering to these guidelines, but will monitor the situation closely in the event any change allows fan attendance at all home venues this spring.  Should current restrictions lift, the department will be in communication regarding how to secure tickets for the upcoming 2020-21 season.

Not to be mistaken, but aren't all the Basketball games on ESPN?  Last year FloSports had quite a bit of CAA football as well.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, dslyank said:

post moved:

When I first read this posting, I asked myself is there a need to reply or comment...no, my impression that dslyank is frustrated on how little control we have on some facets of our lives...I feel the same way...I bet Mark Benson feels the same way...recently, I got some crazy idea. I could cross over to Vermont or Massachusetts for special dinner....no way....not allowed unless you spend the cost of two COVID tests within 72 hours of your visit....then another plan for this weekend was ended by the Washington County (NY) BOH when the sole proprietor of a business was notified to close for two weeks due to a direct contact with COVID positive person.....My point.... the problem has not gone away... I think school district superintendents and high school AD are going to find out despite all the hoopla by county BOH and local politicians...

• 2 weeks later...