UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big loss for the Danes...but it is an area we have depth.  Levi Methany is transferring.  I am a bit surprised because you most certainly can make the NFL out of Albany, it's my only guess why he's moving on.  Torn on this because barely anyone gave him looks but Gattuso...however the kid has given his all.  Wish him nothing but the best.

21 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Big loss for the Danes...but it is an area we have depth.  Levi Methany is transferring.  I am a bit surprised because you most certainly can make the NFL out of Albany, it's my only guess why he's moving on.  Torn on this because barely anyone gave him looks but Gattuso...however the kid has given his all.  Wish him nothing but the best.

He did a great job and he hope he ends up on his feet.  Coach Gattuso had a comment saying he understands his decision around education so maybe this is more than a football decision - I don’t think he has the size to play FCS.  The good news is we have depth at linebacker.

Edited by reeder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, reeder said:

He did a great job and he hope he ends up on his feet.  Coach Gattuso had a comment saying he understands his decision around education so maybe this is more than a football decision - I don’t think he has the size to play FCS.  The good news is we have depth at linebacker.

Maybe. Could be something we don't specifically offer.  To me, it really doesn't matter because he has earned whatever he wants.  

As for size, did you mean FBS?  I think so.  That said, I don't think size is the issue- he is 6' 235-240.  Definitely FBS teams that would play guys that size, if not smaler at LB...and if you have the speed and motor, the NFL.  Zach Thomas (someone I spent plenty of time with in Miami) was listed at 5'11 240.  The 240 part was accurate...but if he was 5'11...then I am 6'2 (I am just shy of 6 and he was probably 5'10 (with sneakers...really was 5'9ish).  

I don't think Levi has that kind of speed though.  

Wishing him, Karl, or anyone else the best.  I think we have good up and coming kids at both those positions, though I would love both to come back. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
23 hours ago, danes05 said:

Didn’t expect this to be the destination…but best of luck to him moving forward.

https://goracers.com/sports/football/roster/levi-metheny/9105

I am speaking without any real information however, my guess is this is why transferring has SERIOUS downsides unless you are a straight up stud.  My guess is he was trying to go up, FBS level, and had nothing going and waited too long to possibly come back to the Danes.  Coaches will need to plan around you and I would suspect his scholarship was given up.

There are ZERO questions this is a downgrade for Levi, who was a warrior for UA.  It's really too bad. 

• Like 1