UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2021/2022 Covid 19 Update

Clickclack

University just sent this out...while this is good news, I tried going into this portal to renew tickets. It's very hard for me to fully convey just how much I hate this new ticketing portal. I hate it so much I would FIRE on the spot the idiot that signed up with this $ienaty ticketing company. In all my years I've never seen a less user friendly version of ANY website let alone one that is trying to conduct online transactions/business. Disgraceful...this better be completely free otherwise the University is getting ripped off. 

C1291_Email%20Header.jpg

C1291_Stadium_Richmond.jpg

UAlbany Updates COVID-19 Safety Regulations

ALBANY, N.Y. – The University at Albany will open all of its athletic venues at full capacity this fall in line with updated guidance from the CDC and New York State.

Consistent with the latest updates to the University's health and safety protocols, masks and social distancing are no longer required at athletic events for those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, but both masks and distancing remain mandatory for those who are not vaccinated. UAlbany is asking guests out of respect for fellow fans to adhere to these policies on the honor system.

"After more than a year, we are thrilled to invite fans back to our competitions and other events at full capacity," said UAlbany Director of Athletics Mark Benson. "Our Great Dane student-athletes thrive on fan support. We cannot wait to see our fans tailgating in the parking lot and hear them cheer on their Great Danes as they run into Casey Stadium through a cloud of purple smoke. It has been too long, and we are excited to welcome the Capital Region back to campus."

The Great Danes will host five football home games at Tom and Mary Casey Stadium. Season tickets are on sale now and start at just $75. Click here to secure your tickets now!

A full list of updated safety regulations can be found here.

Masking and Social Distancing
  • CDC guidance on mask wearing and social distancing is in effect on all University spaces. This means:
    • Vaccinated individuals are exempt from wearing masks and from social distancing.
    • Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear masks indoors at events and outdoors when around others (which would be the case for most events) and practice social distancing when space allows.
    • Please note that these requirements for unvaccinated individuals are enforced on an honor system as per CDC guidance.
Campus Spaces
  • There are no COVID-19 specific space capacity limits but CDC physical distancing requirements for unvaccinated individuals are applicable when space allows.
Vaccination Documentation for Events
  • The University and any hosts of University-related events will not require documentation of vaccination in connection with events. Compliance with the specific regulations for unvaccinated individuals is expected on an honor system basis.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nice! I'm supposed to be in CT on business sometime in early'ish November so I might have to stay an extra day or two and go see a game if they are at home then!

As for the portal, agreed. Bad. So so bad.

15 minutes ago, Eli said:

As for the portal, agreed. Bad. So so bad.

+1. Made my $50 football downpayment over a month ago. No explanation when and how to pay the balance and when and how to pay the"required" GDAC. When you look at the portal; it looks like I'm paid in full? What a deal!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

+1. Made my $50 football downpayment over a month ago. No explanation when and how to pay the balance and when and how to pay the"required" GDAC. When you look at the portal; it looks like I'm paid in full? What a deal!

Wait.......that's not the price?

• Like 1

I just renewed for football. I agree. The new ticket place makes no sense at all. I'm still not sure if I've made a deposit or I'm paid in full. The upper portion shows $100/seat, with a $6.00/seat convenience charge and a ticket subtotal of $212.00. Then the lower part has a $75/SEAT GIFT-PREFERRRED SEATING FUND line for $150 total. My old math would tell me that would be $362.00 total, but no...it says $256.00. It does say deposit in the fine print up above, so I can only assume they will tap me for another Benjamin at a later date....but where did the other Washington + Lincoln go? Who knows?? The system looks like it was designed as a middle school class project in web page development......Click, you've got it right! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2021 at 4:08 PM, jimbo said:

I just renewed for football. I agree. The new ticket place makes no sense at all. I'm still not sure if I've made a deposit or I'm paid in full. The upper portion shows $100/seat, with a $6.00/seat convenience charge and a ticket subtotal of $212.00. Then the lower part has a $75/SEAT GIFT-PREFERRRED SEATING FUND line for $150 total. My old math would tell me that would be $362.00 total, but no...it says $256.00. It does say deposit in the fine print up above, so I can only assume they will tap me for another Benjamin at a later date....but where did the other Washington + Lincoln go? Who knows?? The system looks like it was designed as a middle school class project in web page development......Click, you've got it right! 

Just an update....now I have two separate charges totaling $406!!!! I never authorized that. I'm ready to contest both and forget the whole thing. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

Just an update....now I have two separate charges totaling $406!!!! I never authorized that. I'm ready to contest both and forget the whole thing. 

Let us know how you make out and what it all is for.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:04 PM, jimbo said:

Update: Based on contact with UA ticketing, it should have been refunded yesterday at the latest...it has not. 

I like to share Albany County Executive Daniel McCoy Covid 19 update from yesterday....I want to mention my county of residence (Saratoga) stands at 4.8% positive testing rate far worse than Albany County.... I am strongly recommending if you are buying season tickets and not vaccinated, please get vaccinated.   

Dan McCoy's blip from yesterday: 

Reporting 33 new cases of #COVID19 were identified in Albany County since yesterday, the highest single-day increase since May 8.

The number of active cases in the county has now shot up to 122, & there are now 225 residents currently quarantined.

There were also 15 new recoveries, 1 new hospitalization & no new deaths. There are still 8 county residents hospitalized w/ the virus.

Given the growing infection rates, I want to remind residents that they should continue to get tested if they’re experiencing symptoms or if they think they may have been exposed, & they should stay home when possible. We still haven’t beaten the Coronavirus & there are still too many people who haven’t been vaccinated, which is allowing the virus to spread & mutate.