UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

0 -  2 in conference by 7 points, score 9 points more ... 2 - 0 in conference.  Having watched them twice in person this year, I did not need to watch or listen to the game yesterday ..... My only other thought, having a head coach around for eight years an "experiment" considering his record or a lesson in futility repeating itself.

Benson is holding out for miracles (wins) so he avoid the calls to fire GG in the off season.

Edited by cwdickens
verbiage update

From today's Times Union: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-drops-to-0-4-with-loss-to-No-8-16504974.php

and how UAlbany media people are spinning the loss:

Late Heroics Fall Just Short for UAlbany Football

and how Delaware media are spinning their win:

econd-Half Rushing Leads Football Past UAlbany, 20-15

Edited by cwdickens
update

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

Verse and Lang are a heck of a pair of bookend DEs. Likely the best combo we’ve ever had. Speed off the edge, strength and totally disruptive in the backfield. I hope we can keep them. 

I doubt we keep them. They will jump ship from this titanic. 

• Sad 1

Things that pop out:

• Out of 31 stats tracked, we are last in 9 of them. We are 2nd to last in 2 of them. Together, we are bottom two in 11 out of 31 stats (or 35% of them).
  • Our offense has never been worse in the CAA. Ever. Not even when we were first year members. EVER.
  • Our running game is non-existent. Not even close to average a measly 50 yards.
  • Contrary to posts the last few games, our special teams is actually the best part of our team as an overall unit lol.
  • Our opponents have nearly double us up on 1st downs.
  • We allow opponents to convert 4th downs at an impressive rate.
  • We have the ball for less than half the game.

2021-10-03-20-12-36-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

I tuned into the game just before we kicked the third field goal.  After Delaware scored on the next possession.

I would have hoped that the offense would have been told, "After we score the next TD, we will be going for a 2 point conversion and we'll run whatever play they practice for this situation.

We had already used a TO previously, so I don't know if it was a good one or a bad one, but having to use our second TO before the conversion was criminal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Week in, week out...this team is not prepared. Starting with the HC. It's an unmitigated disaster. Benson and Gattuso both need to be calling the New York State unemployment line YESTERDAY.

Unemployment in the State of New York is done on-line.....if you have a problem, yes there is a customer support number... otherwise done via an on-line application...

6 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Unemployment in the State of New York is done on-line.....if you have a problem, yes there is a customer support number... otherwise done via an on-line application...

The separation agreement should come with at least 6 months of broadband.

https://twitter.com/RodgerWyland/status/1445220224383520770?s=19

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

lol @ "not at all". Wonderful.

If this guy gets extended...I'm gonna post angry messages on here! Evidently that's all we can do. Benson and co. don't care when die hard season ticket holders email them things like "ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET!?".

Edited by Eli

I should find out where Benson lives and pay some college kid to drive to his house and tape my stats spreadsheet to his windshield every morning.

Or, maybe I should write a PowerShell script to email it to him 100's of times a day from random email aliases. It's okay, he has time to manage his junk mail filter in his email client...not like he's doing anything else important...like you know...finding a decent head coach for our once great up and coming football program.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761151611dbda90cb2c12a

Edited by Eli
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Is it time to break out the paper bags? Nothing to with this, but Lance Leipold went from UB to Kansas and quadrupled his salary. In year one, the first first game they eked out a close win over FCS South Dakota, and the next four were losses to FBS teams where they are giving up 50+ppg. Another year like this and he’ll be looking for a job and can afford to work cheap. Just saying. 

If GG is not on the hot seat, then our AD is asleep at the switch. If he gets extended....no more season tickets, no more support. 2/3 of the team were utterly unprepared to play against UD. That is 100% on the coaching staff. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

Is it time to break out the paper bags? Nothing to with this, but Lance Leipold went from UB to Kansas and quadrupled his salary. In year one, the first first game they eked out a close win over FCS South Dakota, and the next four were losses to FBS teams where they are giving up 50+ppg. Another year like this and he’ll be looking for a job and can afford to work cheap. Just saying. 

If GG is not on the hot seat, then our AD is asleep at the switch. If he gets extended....no more season tickets, no more support. 2/3 of the team were utterly unprepared to play against UD. That is 100% on the coaching staff. 

I'm not renewing season tickets as is and won't be to any more games this year. If there is a new coach I will considering renewing. If there is not, I won't be back until there is one. If they don't give a crap about the product, why should I care and go to games. This is bar none one of his worst teams and he's almost a decade in. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1