UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #18: 1/22/22 - 7:00PM vs. SBU

Eli

Last Up: W (66-54) @ UMBC
Next Up: vs Stony Brook (10-6, 2-1 AE - blown out by UVM and then beat UMBC by 4 at home and Bing by 3 on the road)
Date: 1/22/22 @ 7:00PM
TV/Streaming: ESPN states it is on ESPN3 but UA states it is on SNY
Local Radio: ESPN Radio 104.5 FM
ESPN Matchup Predictor: 53.2% chance of a UAlbany win

2022-01-19-21-14-34-UAlbany-Basketball-S

Edited by Eli

• bigpurpl changed the title to Game #18: 1/22/22 - 7:00PM vs. SBU

Game is probably on both SNY on cable and ESPN3 online.

Olaniyi is "out indefinitely with personal issues"

Tonight is a "Gold-out" and everybody gets a free pom-pom. Are the students back?

TU says both coaches are trying to teach their players that this is a rivalry game.

Giving out Gold Pom-Poms.  How lame/cheap is that?? Asking fans to wear GOLD.  I used all my gold UA shirts long ago as paint shirts/rags. Wish I saved one, would love to wear it tonight with who knows how many paint stains. Why not give out gold T's at the door instead of pom-poms?? Use to give out T's for purple-growl--DID NOT this year. Even if you wanted to buy your own to support the team, really hardly any notice or advertisement about tonights event. Can we fire Benson, save his salary; hire a clerk and media relation person or two--better bang for the buck. He is USELESS!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Game is probably on both SNY on cable and ESPN3 online.

Olaniyi is "out indefinitely with personal issues"

Tonight is a "Gold-out" and everybody gets a free pom-pom. Are the students back?

TU says both coaches are trying to teach their players that this is a rivalry game.

When a game is a conference game....do you need to stress the importance of the game any further?.....Students are back?  UAlbany had delayed the opening of school to Monday to allow them to address new Covid-19 mandates

Season Ticket holders who sit in front of me said NO T’s handed out this year. Maybe I mis-heard. I will double check with them when I see them tonight. I personally did not attend the feast this year, but was at the game and did not notice anyone carrying around new Ts. Regardless hardly anyone at the growl in December; it would not break the bank to hand out Ts a second time

Exactly. Good showing. What stony brook did was isolate their players. Their guards were better then us and the isolation allowed them to beat us off the dribble and score countless layups and 5 footers. 

Need to gain more talent but the coaching staff has done a great job these last several games . Keep improving . 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

2021-22 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 5-0 1.000 13-4 0.765 W7
Stony Brook 4-1 0.800 12-6 0.667 W3
Binghamton 4-2 0.667 7-8 0.467 W1
UAlbany 3-3 0.500 7-11 0.389 L1
New Hampshire 2-2 0.500 7-6 0.538 W1
Hartford 1-1 0.500 3-11 0.214 L1
NJIT 3-4 0.429 8-9 0.471 L4
UMass Lowell 2-4 0.333 10-8 0.556 L1