UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Semifinals - May 5, 2022 Time Coverage
#2 Binghamton at #3 UMBC 4:00 PM 8478Watch Live | Live Stats
#1 Vermont vs. #4 UAlbany 7:00 PM 8478Watch Live | Live Stats
Championship - May 7, 2022 Time Coverage
Semifinal winners 12:00 PM 8311 Watch Live | Live Stats

Championship Schedule

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

If anyone cares; looks like game is listed on ESPN+. Just watched umbc beat bingo 7-6. UA sports shows Aetv. only. But it is on the espn+ listings. 

ugh, I wish you hadn't said anything - two quick goals from totally unnecessary slides.

2 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

How the mighty have fallen. Really sad to watch this. Vermont is just bigger, faster, stronger, and better.

Was just gonna say that.  How this program has fallen in the AE.  For years we were the top AE program in lax, no questions asked, and now UVM has passed us by and embarrassing UA every chance they get.  Just like UVM mens basketball team has been doing lately.  But at least UVM bball has been good for 20 years.  No reason their Lax team should leaving UA in the dust.

What is the old expression “wait to next year.” I would be careful about calling VT a AmEast dynasty just yet. OK in basketball; but they have A LONG way to go match UA’s lax history. In fact umbc, the departed brook, and even bingo have a greater lax history than VT. How many top 10, 15 or even 20 wins do they have. I would bet few if any under 10, and hardly anymore even if you expand the criteria to under 20. Remember winning the AmEast is one thing; winning against the lax elite, another story.

Before I end my rant, just like to take note that around  60% of VTs roster is JRs & SRs and most of their top players are SRs. UA just about the reverse %s FR & SOPH. NO argument VT, faster, bigger, better this year. But I for one am not about to crown them King of AmEast Lax.

Despite repeated assurances during the season, I saw no overall improvement in the team's performance. Thank th lacrosse gods for the Siena, Stony Brook and Syracuse wins.

There has already been a couple of announced changes in the Big East.  After another horrible season by a UAlbany men's team, if Mark Benson decides to make a change I will not be upset.

To answer "D's" question about whether it seniors are eligible for a COVID year.  Per Dionne Palandjian, her son intends to return for his COVID year, provided Scott Marr wants him back.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dslyank said:

OT. Speaking of seniors; anyone know where Covid extra year eligibility stand??? Is this the last year where players can op for a extra year; or have we already reached the end of Covid extra years???

If I am remembering correctly, I read an article a while ago saying Yunker would be the volunteer coach after this season. I think there are at least two more seasons of Covid repeat that still needs to work its way through the system before things return to normal.

5 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Despite repeated assurances during the season, I saw no overall improvement in the team's performance. Thank th lacrosse gods for the Siena, Stony Brook and Syracuse wins.

There has already been a couple of announced changes in the Big East.  After another horrible season by a UAlbany men's team, if Mark Benson decides to make a change I will not be upset.

To answer "D's" question about whether it seniors are eligible for a COVID year.  Per Dionne Palandjian, her son intends to return for his COVID year, provided Scott Marr wants him back.  

I would say overall the team got worse, especially the defense. I think I said if I were Vegas the over/under on wins was going to be 4 1/2 and we just got the over.  I have no idea if Scott's seat is getting warm, and I think he has earned some time to work through this, but if I were Benson I would demand some changes and I think it begins with bringing in an experienced assistant with no ties to the program. It is long past time to go outside the program.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I would say overall the team got worse, especially the defense. I think I said if I were Vegas the over/under on wins was going to be 4 1/2 and we just got the over.  I have no idea if Scott's seat is getting warm, and I think he has earned some time to work through this, but if I were Benson I would demand some changes and I think it begins with bringing in an experienced assistant with no ties to the program. It is long past time to go outside the program.

To clarify an earlier statement. I am not advocating a coaching change for MLAX ..... my choose of words do not represent my true feelings.... I truly appreciated all the accomplishments achieved by Scott Marr .... further all his good works for the many communities of which he is part of cannot be overstated

• Like 1

I think what’s most shocking to me is not that they lost, it’s that they didn’t even look competitive most of the time. And again, leaving their big guns almost hilariously wide open for easy shots on goal. When you can’t even win or tie a single quarter, you are not competitive. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

To clarify an earlier statement. I am not advocating a coaching change for MLAX ..... my choose of words do not represent my true feelings.... I truly appreciated all the accomplishments achieved by Scott Marr .... further all his good works for the many communities of which he is part of cannot be overstated

I wasn't reading into your post about moving on from Coach Marr, and I agree with you. The decline since the final four appearance has been pretty fast and deep, and the seat should be getting a bit warm.

• Like 1