UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2026

Offered 3 local kids in the last few days  including, which as far as I can see, is this first offer for 2026

Wooten and Mayben are from Troy and Odutayo is Albany (CBA). 

From Verbal Commits:

5/19/2022 - 2026 PG Imahri Wooten (6-4, -, 2★) has received an offer from Albany.
5/18/2022 - 2024 SF Oreoluwapo Odutayo (6-6, 170, 2★) has received an offer from Albany.
5/18/2022 - 2025 PG Si Mayben (5-10, 155, 2★) has received an offer from Albany.
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Offered 3 local kids in the last few days  including, which as far as I can see, is this first offer for 2026

Wooten and Mayben are from Troy and Odutayo is Albany (CBA). 

From Verbal Commits:

5/19/2022 - 2026 PG Imahri Wooten (6-4, -, 2★) has received an offer from Albany.
5/18/2022 - 2024 SF Oreoluwapo Odutayo (6-6, 170, 2★) has received an offer from Albany.
5/18/2022 - 2025 PG Si Mayben (5-10, 155, 2★) has received an offer from Albany.

Seeing this, my only thought is: How much will the landscape change between now and then?

25 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Seeing this, my only thought is: How much will the landscape change between now and then?

From potential conference affiliation changes to the entire NCAA turning upside down to who knows how long DK will call Albany home there are so many items that can change. 

That said, I absolutely love creating a stronger connection to the local schools beyond Albany Academy. There is some great basketball talent in the area and getting involved in Troy, Schenectady, Saratoga, and other areas can really help the program and the local scene in general. Local kids have clear development paths, connections with all the schools to hopefully put more butts in the seats. I like it. 

• Like 1

Seems like a reasonably good place to put this...with the changes regarding transfers and the increasing use of the portal, what are recruiters looking for now? Diamonds in the rough used to be a big prize for schools at the AE level. And they tended to stick around. Would players like Warney, Coppenrath, Brown and so on still stick around for four years? I doubt it. Just like UK and Duke et al are feeders to the NBA, will UA level teams be feeders to higher level and power 5 conferences? It’s got to be quite a balancing act to try and score the under recruited gem to add to a core of players who might stick it out four years and add a few transfers and grads of your own.  

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

Seems like a reasonably good place to put this...with the changes regarding transfers and the increasing use of the portal, what are recruiters looking for now? Diamonds in the rough used to be a big prize for schools at the AE level. And they tended to stick around. Would players like Warney, Coppenrath, Brown and so on still stick around for four years? I doubt it. Just like UK and Duke et al are feeders to the NBA, will UA level teams be feeders to higher level and power 5 conferences? It’s got to be quite a balancing act to try and score the under recruited gem to add to a core of players who might stick it out four years and add a few transfers and grads of your own.  

Basketball 🏀, Football 🏈 and Lacrosse .... The Transfer Portal has become the way to market one's self. Of the players mentioned, Coppenrath grew up wanting to attend UVM....lives and dies Vermont....mind set on Elementary Education, which up to a couple years ago was still his career.  However, his time in the America East was before the onset of the transfer as we know it today.  

Edited by cwdickens
clarification