UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: 11/7/22: Game 1 at Towson - 7:00pm

Definitely shot better in the second half, which gave me some confidence, but still WAY too many three's being taken. I really hate the Steph Curry effect on the game of basketball. We need to find away to establish inside to open up the outside shots. I couldn't watch the game as I refused to pay for Flo for 1 game (and I gave up on UA Football) so I only listened on the radio. I guess all the misses early and late were open/good looks, but the volume was just too much.

10-31 is 32% but with 53 total FGA that means we only had 22 shots that weren't from 3pt land?  Towson was only 25% (3-12) from 3, but their overall FG% was 43.4% to UA's 35.8%. Had 10 of those missed threes been from closer range and we made 50% of them the results might have been a little different.  

Looking at the final stats, ESPN says we only had 15 turnovers (to 13 by Towson) but I feel like that's wrong and we had 15 in the first half. Maybe I am misremembering, but either way the team needs to take care of the ball better.

Overall, I feel about as good about the team after a loss as possible. I think it was encouraging to have the big comeback and keep the game close without the player most thought would be our best on the floor this year in Neely.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I think the print TU now goes to bed by 9:00 so there won’t be any game stories for evening games. They had no story on Loudonville-Holy Cross either

Even e-edtion did not offer a score for either UA or lcc. Got so mad @ TU during play-offs and World Series went to re-up my Daily Gazette on-line. Get late scores and "full articles" for pretty much all games except West Coast stuff. They also had a promo $.99 for six months. Tried to re-order on-line but it would not take as I was a former customer; so I called. Talked to a nice young lady offered my a full year for $1.98.