UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: 11/7/22: Game 1 at Towson - 7:00pm

2 minutes ago, McFan said:

Ugly so far and I still hate the transfer portal.

I agree. Transfer portal to college is akin to free agency in the NBA. One of the things I liked about college was that you pretty much saw the same roster for 3-4 years at a time with only 1-3 additions. Now every year half the team is new. 

• Like 2

Just now, Clickclack said:

Troubling trends emerging with DK's recruiting...brutal shooting teams. They are athletic but absolutely can't shoot....

Was going to ask the experts who are are 3 point threats?  Trey clearly has the green light again but he’s not it (I hope).

Early thoughts:

1. Beagle will be very, very good 

2. Drumgoole could be a solid glue guy/gets you what you need when you need it guy.

3. Reddish is about a year away from, I personally think, breaking out.  He does some things well, and some not so well (including the charge just now).  The talent is there but going back to 1882...he needs to be coached up.  He gets coached up and listens to it, he can be really solid.

4. Every single guard is a mess but for Patel.  Edmead seriously looks like a walk-on.  Amica has made about 4 bonehead plays.  Evans continuing the St. Rose "drive into a mass of bodies" and / or go run ahead of my whole team causing a reverse "numbers" issue.

5. Except for Reddish and Evans, not a single guy can put the ball on the floor and drive on Towson.  

6. Neely changes this team...we are likely looking at a 5-7 differential right now.

Won't judge after one half...but some of these things are holdovers from last year and they need to be fixed.  This is Killings year to grow as a coach.  And he MUST go out and get another big in the portal.  We have a frosh coming in...but we need some height for next year. 

30 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Towson has 6 layups and a wide open 3. The sets they run are awesome.  Our sets look like pick up ball. 

Sets? They’re running SETS? I was thinking the same thing…playground BB. 

Edited by jimbo

5 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Early thoughts:

1. Beagle will be very, very good 

2. Drumgoole could be a solid glue guy/gets you what you need when you need it guy.

3. Reddish is about a year away from, I personally think, breaking out.  He does some things well, and some not so well (including the charge just now).  The talent is there but going back to 1882...he needs to be coached up.  He gets coached up and listens to it, he can be really solid.

4. Every single guard is a mess but for Patel.  Edmead seriously looks like a walk-on.  Amica has made about 4 bonehead plays.  Evans continuing the St. Rose "drive into a mass of bodies" and / or go run ahead of my whole team causing a reverse "numbers" issue.

5. Except for Reddish and Evans, not a single guy can put the ball on the floor and drive on Towson.  

6. Neely changes this team...we are likely looking at a 5-7 differential right now.

Won't judge after one half...but some of these things are holdovers from last year and they need to be fixed.  This is Killings year to grow as a coach.  And he MUST go out and get another big in the portal.  We have a frosh coming in...but we need some height for next year. 

I was thinking the same on 2 & 6 above. Neely changes a lot.  And 1, like Beagle after the early travel.

Edited by McFan

1 minute ago, jimbo said:

Sets? They’re running SETS? I was thing the same thing…playground BB. 

It's called a playground set.  "Here's this orange ball, you dribble it, then you try to put it in that hole over there.  Between those two things, act as chaotic as you can but make sure to run forward when you have the ball, backwards when you don't.  When I call out "FFS" you run that "set", got it?!"