UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Basketball to Host Albany Cup Nov. 26 at MVP Arena

Albany_Cup.jpg?width=1920quality=80&form

ALBANY, N.Y. –  The Albany Cup is moving back to MVP Arena this winter. The crosstown rivals have mutually agreed to flip venues for the final two matchups of the three-year men's basketball agreement, with Siena now set to host a true home game vs. UAlbany for this coming season's installment on Sunday, Nov. 26, at MVP Arena.

The three-year agreement – which tipped off with a neutral site matchup at MVP Arena last November – initially featured the series continuing with a UAlbany home game during the 2023-24 season, followed by a true Siena home game at MVP Arena in 2024-25. However, out of an abundance of caution due to the arena renovation on UAlbany's campus, the programs agreed to exchange home games for the next two seasons.  The renovation is still scheduled for completion by mid-November of 2023.

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2023/5/17/mens-basketball-siena-basketball-to-host-albany-cup-nov-26-at-mvp-arena.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1lEVXjNGQ2N1kYZ-erVXcsPfBzlXjlA7gQ4z_lelTVyz-9RzxG715oqYk

This makes me feel like the arena is NOT on track. Which means I won't be buying my plane ticket anytime soon. Even though I can't stand what's happened to the program and can't stand the people leading the department, I was willing to throw a few shekels that way just to witness the historic moment of the new arena but now I'm not so sure. Last minute flights are more $$$ and I'm not sure UA warrants that.

Edited by Eli

2 hours ago, Eli said:

This makes me feel like the arena is NOT on track. Which means I won't be buying my plane ticket anytime soon. Even though I can't stand what's happened to the program and can't stand the people leading the department, I was willing to throw a few shekels that way just to witness the historic moment of the new arena but now I'm not so sure. Last minute flights are more $$$ and I'm not sure UA warrants that.

Overreaction.  This comes down to wanting things PERFECT for the SiENA game as to not give excuses as to not have the game there again.  There will absolutely be some punchlist items that need to be completed, and for other games it isn't an issue. Due to the nature of Siena game, it would be. 

Nothing to see here. 

Should never have rescheduled the lowlies of lcc!  Deal was unfair in the first place; 2 for 1 my behind {anyone think the 2022 game was really at a "neutral" site???} I did NOT miss playing them the last five years, nor did I attend the last several times @ the Pepsi/TU/Knickerbocker. I could care less if lcc never showed up @ Sefcu/Broadview. Never got a fair deal from them and IMHO they owe UA about 17 or 18 appearances to make things equal.