UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jacob Jones @JacobJones1124   Croton-on-Hudson, NY  QB, MLB  6'1" 200lbs Beyond blessed. 100% committed!!! Big thanks to @BillNesselt_UA  for the opportunity!!  

Tackles - 105 T/G - 13.1 TFLs - 25 Sacks - 3 QB Hurries - 7

Edited by HOF2013

1 minute ago, jimbo said:

Getting some big dudes!

All PWO's - small schools - need to work with better competition

Val Kondratenko  @ValKondratenko2 Brighton High School, OT/DL 6’5 275lbs. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/16099383/655b63e10660cf042057aed9
 After a great conversation with  @CoachFiacchi_UA , I am blessed to announce that I have received my 3rd D1 offer (PWO) from University at Albany! 

Committed to Cortland

Edited by HOF2013

4 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Val Kondratenko  @ValKondratenko2 Brighton High School, OT/DL 6’5 275lbs. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/16099383/655b63e10660cf042057aed9
 After a great conversation with  @CoachFiacchi_UA , I am blessed to announce that I have received my 3rd D1 offer (PWO) from University at Albany! 

That's one massive Ukrainian!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2024 at 12:46 PM, Eli said:

On 2/15/2024 at 12:46 PM, Eli said:

He commited to Cortland

On 4/3/2024 at 12:49 PM, HOF2013 said:

He commited to Cortland

There is a strong Ukrainian community there, so maybe some benefit in that sense. They also are a winning program so sure that helps too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have signed two rightside and two leftside Def. Ends AND will be signing three more LB's that are May graduate transfers. No names but they are looking at some good ones.  Coaches tell me that most of the the teams in the league lost key players as well as us [so did Idaho by the way - our week three opponent - their QB among others].   Players want to come to UA becasue of last year's successes. 

• Like 2

On 12/20/2023 at 11:01 AM, HOF2013 said:

Van Weber QB  6' 4", 185 lbs,  Rut herford Hs,Milford Academy   https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12889425/64ff2342ff03a107d88febcb

Is at Spring camp as an early Freshman,  Looks good too!

14 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Is at Spring camp as an early Freshman,  Looks good too!

Excellent news.  Those I spoke to about him at the HS level said he's special, he just needed to put on some weight and deal with the speed of the game (both not unexpected at this level).  

Way I see it, I would suppose it's a two way battle between Myles and Trey...with Van getting third team reps, and next year a battle for number 2 (presuming Myles doesn't beat out Trey, tear it up, and move on to an FBS school).

BTW, really good friends with folks in the UM program, high level close-up to the program.  He's had a vanilla, but good camp.  He had a mixed performance in the spring game, hitting an absolutely beautiful long ball and missing on a wide open receiver.  Jacurri Brown transferred, meaning he is solidly in the group of three, with Ward as the starter and Poff/Williams vying for #2.  

So many 3 and 4 star recruits are transferring at key positions (like Brown).  As much as we are a feeder program now, if we EMBRACE IT, Albany could have consistently wonderful years as kids will either want to start here and shine or drop down, shine, and move on.  For all of our initial worries about the staff, and they were valid in many respects and irrational in other ways, this staff (starting with Gattuso) is excellent at recognizing raw talent and molding them. I think we finally settled on an offensive scheme that works, which is great.

Personally, as much as i can't stand what has happened to college sports and it is ultimately driving out really good people before there time is up (Saban, eventually Gattuso, etc.), we are positioned to handle it well...and I think Coaching staff consistency is a HUGE key as it is the ultimate selling point at our level as kids ask, "Can you get me to my next spot, my dream...a NIL package or a shot at P2 school".   

6 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Excellent news.  Those I spoke to about him at the HS level said he's special, he just needed to put on some weight and deal with the speed of the game (both not unexpected at this level).  

Way I see it, I would suppose it's a two way battle between Myles and Trey...with Van getting third team reps, and next year a battle for number 2 (presuming Myles doesn't beat out Trey, tear it up, and move on to an FBS school).

BTW, really good friends with folks in the UM program, high level close-up to the program.  He's had a vanilla, but good camp.  He had a mixed performance in the spring game, hitting an absolutely beautiful long ball and missing on a wide open receiver.  Jacurri Brown transferred, meaning he is solidly in the group of three, with Ward as the starter and Poff/Williams vying for #2.  

So many 3 and 4 star recruits are transferring at key positions (like Brown).  As much as we are a feeder program now, if we EMBRACE IT, Albany could have consistently wonderful years as kids will either want to start here and shine or drop down, shine, and move on.  For all of our initial worries about the staff, and they were valid in many respects and irrational in other ways, this staff (starting with Gattuso) is excellent at recognizing raw talent and molding them. I think we finally settled on an offensive scheme that works, which is great.

Personally, as much as i can't stand what has happened to college sports and it is ultimately driving out really good people before there time is up (Saban, eventually Gattuso, etc.), we are positioned to handle it well...and I think Coaching staff consistency is a HUGE key as it is the ultimate selling point at our level as kids ask, "Can you get me to my next spot, my dream...a NIL package or a shot at P2 school".   

Myles (has a really fast pass release) and Trey (very loose) are both looking good. There is a walk on too, don't have the name yet. Freshman can really throw the ball!   BTW Reece was visiting the last couple of days.  #2 from what I hear!!   UA had 4 on official visits at practice yesterday,  2 DB, LB and Punter.  

• Like 1