UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #7 - 11/29/2023 - BU at Albany - Broadway Center - 7PM

Well played game.  Arena was very nice.  Second half BU went completely to the rim.  The first 10 minutes I think they took 1 jump shot, the rest of the attempts were layups. 

We were able to weather that storm and win the game.  Keep improving and see what happens.  

13 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Aside from the low-information scoreboard mentioned above,

Anyone know if this is a software error or some sort of commitment/decision to show more ADs and less Stats??

After all it is the same score board as last year.

Also, the floor boards did NOT show anything but scrolling ADs??

Edited by dslyank

24 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Anyone know if this is a software error or some sort of commitment/decision to show more ADs and less Stats??

After all it is the same score board as last year.

Also, the floor boards did NOT show anything but scrolling ADs??

Maybe somebody had the bright idea that if you want stats you should follow live stats on your phone, since they're providing internet anyway. Not that I like using my phone when I used to just look at the scoreboard.

And of course ads are where they make money regardless of attendance.

13 hours ago, olddog71 said:

How was the attendance? Many students there?

Student section was just about full, so was the other baseline. The south sideline was under half-full, so that must have been most of the empty seats.

Also it was nice having the full band there (around 50 musicians)

• Like 1

I noticed at the Siena game, MVP arena was not showing the stats/fouls. The big ribbon board along the upper deck showed all 0's where it normally shows team stats. I wonder if there is a technical problem between ESPN and the scoreboards? It definitely makes it hard to follow without the number of fouls each player has at the minimum. Hopefully that gets fixed. 

The ribbon on the bottom of the scoreboard had a constant Broadview logo on it, where it used to show the score and clock, while the main screen showed a version of the ESPN feed. 

Sure I could look at the ESPN app for the stats, but that is delay by a few minutes.

COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN - us fans have to find stuff to complain about, since the arena is too nice to complain about the stuff we used to lol

• Haha 1

As for attendance... I don't think the paid attendance was all that great, and many that were there filtered in late. The students came out in force. They filled the student section, and after the game started they filled the opposite end as well, with virtually no baseline seats sold. While the south side was only half full, it was standing room only for people without seats. I was excited with how many students were there. 

Hopefully the team keeps improving and we can get more paid community support.