UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #15: 12/15/23 - 7PM EST at #1 South Dakota St. (FCS Playoffs Semifinals)

On 1/9/2024 at 8:15 AM, HOF2013 said:

Final standings for the 2023-24 season U Albany 5th.   Best ever.  The 23-3 victory by SDS [I think they could have scored a couple more times int he 4th but were running out the clock by running the ball a lot] maybe doesn't look as bad. SDS is loosing a LOT of players...

NCAA Football

2023 Season
GamesStandingsRankings
FBS (Division I-A)
FCS (Division I-AA)
FCS Media Top 25
Week 20W-LPFPVT
15-0140056-
13-21343--
11-41252- 5
10-31140- 1
11-41125- 4
10-31105--
10-31085--
9-41067- 4

I enrolled at D3 SUNY Albany in 1993.  I will admit for as much bitching as I can do that this university has come a long way athletically.

They may have given up as much academically over those same years but that’s a comment for a different day.

Congratulations SUNY Albany

Edited by Michigan_Dane
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Michigan_Dane said:

I enrolled at D3 SUNY Albany in 1993.  I will admit for as much bitching as I can do that this university has come a long way athletically.

They may have given up as much academically over those same years but that’s a comment for a different day.

The University at Albany these days

Let’s not put lipstick on this pig.  All the university name iterations here are weird, don't follow national naming standards and anyone outside of a 50 mile radius of the school has to be coached on the name.

I’ll stick to the equally weird but classic “soo-nee”.  Sounds exotic.

22 minutes ago, Michigan_Dane said:

Let’s not put lipstick on this pig.  All the university name iterations here are weird, don't follow national naming standards and anyone outside of a 50 mile radius of the school has to be coached on the name.

I’ll stick to the equally weird but classic “soo-nee”.  Sounds exotic.

LOL, Al Gore Spoke on campus back in Spring of 1996 and he started his speech in the RACC with "it's great being here at "Sunny" Albany." I remember laughing so hard - I mean come on, its Albany in March - it hasn't been sunny here in months! He didn't endear himself to many on campus that day regardless of how liberal it is here in NYS. Especially when his staff didn't tip his delivery driver from Sovrana's for the pizza they had delivered that night (a fraternity brother was delivering pizza for them part time at the time and got that delivery)... anywho at least since I was on campus in the 90's it was "University at Albany, State University of New York"

Edit: May not have been March of 96, but it was definitely between Fall of 95 and Spring of 97 because I was living on campus at the time. I am guessing it was Spring of 96 during the election cycle, but I could be misremembering

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2024 at 9:31 AM, Michigan_Dane said:

I started at Albany before you were born. I remember being excited when the school began a football program again. At that point it was only a club team. You newer guys are spoiled with the modern news coverage. After graduation, I lived a distance from Albany and had to search for a store that sold the Times-Union to discover what had happened with the basketball team the night before.

I started in 1970….everyone called it Albany State….my wife still does lol. My diploma says State University of New York, University at Albany. Who decided on “at”? Beats me. Makes no sense.