UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Home hoop schedule

I received my season ticket app for football and basketball today. The men's and women's hoop team each has 11 home games, 9 of which are league games. The OOC home games for the men are Dec 8 vs LIU and Dec 30 vs Dartmouth. The OOC home games for the women at Dec 4 vs. Bucknell at HVCC and Dec 7 vs Syracuse. In addition to the usual chairback seating, they are offering "courtside" seating. They are also selling season parking passes ($10 for football, $25 for basketball or $30 for both). Siena tickets are $17 apiece.

The only thing that bothered me was that there are 3 mens home games during President's week, when I usually take a vacation. I guess it's better than scheduling games for when the students are out.

Thanks for the info:

1. Syracuse women at home is pretty good.

2. Why are they playing a game at HVCC?

Wish they would post the schedule on the website. Aso, I remember them selling courtside seats at the BPG last year - I guess they are making it official now.

Edited by reeder

I can only guess that the road games aren't finalized. That's why they haven't announced the full schedule yet.

Neither schedule is as good as last year in the number of home games. For the most part I guess those things are cyclical and next year we'll have more.

Home game for the women against Syracuse is awesome. I really hope people come out and support that game. Not to be overly optimistic about the women's team but RPI-wise they were 20 points higher than Syracuse was last year.

Statefan,

Do you have dates for the conference games? Thanks, if you can provide them. I need to start the calendar.

Men's conf. hoop - Sun., Jan. 2, Boston U, 2:00;Sat. 1/8, Northeastern,, 2:00, Wed. 1/12, Bing, 7:00; Thurs. 1/27, Hartford, 7:00; Wed. Feb. 2, Stony, 7:00; Sat. 2/5, UNH (BPG), 7:00; Sat. 2/12, Maine, 7:00; Wed. 2/16, UVM, 7:00; Sat. 2/19, UMBC, 2:00.

Also $iena, 11/23, LIU 12/8, Dartmouth 12/30

I don't think the Syracuse women will blow the Lady Danes off the court. A few years back, the Orange Women played at Siena & lost to the Lady Saints. Syracuse never fields a strong women's team but just having Syracuse uniforms in our building is great. Also the Times Union poll of favorite local teams, rivalries, etc was ridiculous. RPI/Union hockey was picked as best area rivalry. That's a joke as they moved that great rivalry to Pepsi Arena & lasted only one year as crowd was real small. UAlbany/ Siena basketball, although recently renewed, is far better rivalry as brought out big crowds right away & should only get stronger.

Don't try and compare apples and oranges-The Professor

Working the apples and oranges comparasion into a post about Syracuse is pretty clever. Intentionally or not The Professor certainly has a way of bringing out the defenders of the women's hoop programs.

This game would have been great last year when the local girl (Julie McBride?) was at SU. She graduated last year as the leading scorer in school history and would have attracted more of a crowd at the RACC.

A couple of years ago Mississippi State came into the RACC ranked #12 in the country and the attendance wasn't very good. Hopefully Syracuse proves to be more of a draw.

I'd bring my electronic abacus if and only if (math reference) the Syracuse women trot out Hakim Warrick in drag.

Right or wrong, until women's hoops fans show they can pack the RACC, they're going to get duff on the board. That's all there is to it.

PS - Damien being there makes 3. I can count to 21 on my freakish hands and feet. Just kidding. It's 19.