UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNH

Very Good Win. Shot 51% from the floor and out rebounded UNH by a wide margin.

SIGGERS = WARRIOR!

Not impressed with AE TV:

It's Jamar....NOT Jamal, NOT Jermaine........JAMAR!!!!

It's the America East.......NOT American East

They need to fill the commericals breaks with..........COMMERCIALS, NOT JUST AN AD FOR UA AND UNH AND THEN A BLANK SCREEN

Once angain it would not be an AE game without poor officiating.

BAUMAN for THREEEEEE!!!!!!

it is a start however. It can only go up. Jermaine is the guy on the other team if I am not mistaken. The commercials online i can understand however. You even watch games on Yahoo.com, they blank out commercials. Advertising issues...so i wont get on anyone for that.

On the game side, excellent second half. Siggers is my team MVP right now. He just is unreal, especially with his ankle. Bauman's 3 was so awesome to finish it off.

o well that is a different story then. I was watching online and i figured it was the same thing like every other broadcast i have watched for sports games....hmmm, that is not a good thing then.

Did anyone else have issues with AE online with the video stopping and a whole minute of the game went by it was really aggrevating in the first half, so much that I turned on 98 to listen and use the videostream as a sort of replay of what I heard. Maybe it was just my computer, anyways good first part of the first half by the Danes terrible ending to the first, then second half was amazing. I was surprised that attendance was as high as it was for the game, happy Siggers was healthy and able to be a factor cudo's go to the training staff. Good start for the confrence now lets keep it going at Bing.

Why was Siggers playing tonight. I'm concerned with them not resting him since we will most certainly need him for Vermont etc. With that being said I suppose they know better. Great game with the exception of the last ten minutes of the first half. We took care of business......on to Bingo. Should be a really exciting game, one I think we can win.

BAUMAN FOR THREEEEEE!

Awesome game, the AETV thing is also great for those of us who can't make home games during the week becasue of 6 hours of total travel time.

1-0 in conference play!

SSS!

I got to see the second half of the game on the web and I thought it was very good. I've seen 3 or 4 other games on the web this year and this was by far the best - primarily because it was being produced for television. Some of the web games don't even have sound and some only have one camera angle.

My question is why can't Albany stream all of the games that are televised on TW3 (I think Siena does that now). I saw where BUNY streamed their game yesterday...

Anyway, about the game.

1. Interesting lineups. For a good part of the second half, Iati, Jamar, Lillis, Siggers and Brent were in the game.

2. Nice crowd - didn't see the official figures, but it looked pretty big.

3. Jamar made a lot of nice moves - he will be tough to stop in league play. I do think he needs to manage the overpenetration.

4. Brent needs to get more looks - the offense seems to flow through Siggers and Jamar (not necessarily a bad thing) but Brent needs to get more touches.

5. It was great to see how happy the players on the bench were when Bauman hit his three - especially Brent.

6. Iati playing well will create some interesting playing time decisions - not sure that Knight and Ross will see many minutes.

That was really a fun game to watch last night. I was a bit worried with the late UNH comeback late in the first half, but our little 6-0 run to open the 2nd put me at ease.

Jamar's shots were impressive. He had one lay-up that he reserved in mid-air..if he had keep the way he was going up with it, he would have definitely been blocked from behind..it was as if he had eyes in the back of his head to see it coming..amazing.

Iati played a great game..solid defense..aggresive play with a lot of speed. Siggers has a great ability to hit pull-up lane shots that I think have absolutely no chance of going in. I wonder if Lillis is shooting 50% from the field because of his picky shot selection or if he's just that good of a shooter..very soft and sweet shot. Jimmie's play has definitely picked up over the past few games..defended Janev well last night. Brent is shooting over 50% from the field and over 48%(!!!) from beyond the arc. He's proving to be better than the type of player Janev was last year and many thought he would be this year.

And about Janev..I think he's the player who I dislike the most in the entire conference. He's a whiner and I think a dirty player..not in the type that he hits players or anything, but he's always initiating unnecessary contact away from the play. For example (just because I spent a lot of time just watching him while UNH was one offense), he was running past a Covington screen, directly ran into the shoulder of Covington, then did his little fly back-feet up thing and looked back at the ref for a phantom foul call. He just did little things like that all night. But, to his credit, he regularly gets calls on offense and somehow manages to avoid them of defense.

Herrion has shown the best ability I've seen to work the refs in this conference during a game..and somehow avoid a T when he was arguing one call during a timeout and into the next couple plays.

Looking forward to the Bingo trip.

That was really a fun game to watch last night. I was a bit worried with the late UNH comeback late in the first half, but our little 6-0 run to open the 2nd put me at ease.

Jamar's shots were impressive. He had one lay-up that he reserved in mid-air..if he had keep the way he was going up with it, he would have definitely been blocked from behind..it was as if he had eyes in the back of his head to see it coming..amazing.

Iati played a great game..solid defense..aggresive play with a lot of speed. Siggers has a great ability to hit pull-up lane shots that I think have absolutely no chance of going in. I wonder if Lillis is shooting 50% from the field because of his picky shot selection or if he's just that good of a shooter..very soft and sweet shot. Jimmie's play has definitely picked up over the past few games..defended Janev well last night. Brent is shooting over 50% from the field and over 48%(!!!) from beyond the arc. He's proving to be better than the type of player Janev was last year and many thought he would be this year.

And about Janev..I think he's the player who I dislike the most in the entire conference. He's a whiner and I think a dirty player..not in the type that he hits players or anything, but he's always initiating unnecessary contact away from the play. For example (just because I spent a lot of time just watching him while UNH was one offense), he was running past a Covington screen, directly ran into the shoulder of Covington, then did his little fly back-feet up thing and looked back at the ref for a phantom foul call. He just did little things like that all night. But, to his credit, he regularly gets calls on offense and somehow manages to avoid them of defense.

Herrion has shown the best ability I've seen to work the refs in this conference during a game..and somehow avoid a T when he was arguing one call during a timeout and into the next couple plays.

Looking forward to the Bingo trip.

Janev is not very well liked by people in the league...and those of us who are around New England coaches, players, and basketball affectianados (sp?)

If Covington and/or Gifford played like Janev, they would foul out in 2-3 minutes of playing time. I can't believe what he gets away with.

Good points GDG. I was commenting to companions on the defensive job Covington was doing on Janev. Iati looks like a different person sincehis breakout in Utah. Moving better on D and the confidence is back.

Archived