- - - - -

Stuyvesant Plaza

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

I gotta def think the screens are gone now with this.

QZcTc3.gif13021.pngknLKdl.gif

#32 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

It did seem a little low .. only in relation to someone trying to throw a last second pass down the court. That's the only time I could think it may hit it, if they chuck it with an arch/rainbow throw.

Edited by MRSGDG, 16 October 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#33 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

One would think this would be correct, but in the pics I have seen where it is being used as a scoreboard, there is no place for video. If they are going to keep the video going throughout the game as they have the last 2 seasons then the dunkin donuts video monitors will still need to be there. While in use as a scoreboard, either they would have to move the score to one of the side panels to show constant video, or only show highlights.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#34 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

One would think this would be correct, but in the pics I have seen where it is being used as a scoreboard, there is no place for video. If they are going to keep the video going throughout the game as they have the last 2 seasons then the dunkin donuts video monitors will still need to be there. While in use as a scoreboard, either they would have to move the score to one of the side panels to show constant video, or only show highlights.

I remember looking up at one corner and def didn't see a side hanging up. I remember thinking the handicapped seating was now viewable, as it was not when the screens were hanging and blocking those seats.

#35 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

This time last year those monitors hadnt been installed yet either. I think they went up only a week before the first game.

I'm ok without them. I didn't watch them all that much anyway.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#36 Brutus

Brutus

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

It did seem a little low .. only in relation to someone trying to throw a last second pass down the court. That's the only time I could think it may hit it, if they chuck it with an arch/rainbow throw.

The unit was lowered for the presentation today. The top of the scoreboard will sit level with the bottom of the main roof structure making it roughly 25' above the court floor from the bottom of the assembly.

Edited by Brutus, 16 October 2017 - 07:14 PM.

• Eli likes this

#37 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

Channel 13 had video of the scoreboard lights in motion, but I havent found any clips posted. Very razzle-dazzle

#38 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

My thinking is the score will be on the scrolling/round banner on the bottom and/or the square banner on top. The big screens will be used for replays, crowd pump ups, showing the game (if it's a TV feed, etc.).

That being said, just watched the video thanking SP.

The Hooley shot will never get old. It might never be topped on my list of all-time best sports moments. And I watch a lot of sports, many leagues, many disciplines ranging from racing (F1 and MotoGP) to all the major sports we think of, etc.

GO DANES!!!

#39 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,539 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 AM

Are we really worried about screens in the corner when we have this legit new scoreboard?

#40 alum73

alum73

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,160 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 PM

No we're not.

#41 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,539 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:12 PM

Good

#42 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • 3,213 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:51 PM

I'm actually asking about the screens in corners because if those are gone, maybe we can start thinking about make upgrades to seats etc...

• Eli likes this

QZcTc3.gif13021.pngknLKdl.gif

#43 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 665 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

https://twitter.com/...369732582346752

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#44 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,241 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Man, that thing is BEAUTIFUL. And looks like we got rid of those nasty yellow spotlights for some proper white ones. Good looks!

Edited by Eli, Yesterday, 09:50 PM.

GO DANES!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users