• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

Fields vs Pifani
Irelan vs Kelly
Colarusso va Balkham
Simms vs Cloutier

and I am guessing Kluck vs Goldstock

Those are some really good matchups and will be fun to watch.

The Face-Off battle will be huge and I don't think Carolina's wings are quite as effective as Maryland's so hopefully TD can get Albany the possession advantage. This feels like a game where a Drake, McClancy and somebody else will have to carry the load, and Fields will have a tougher go off if the offense starts with the ball in his stick.

I like our chances a lot better if he is getting the ball off of a pick or after the ball has moved around a bit.

#2 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:11 AM

Have the university and the athletic department started promoting the game?

They better go all out and pack the stadium.  I'd like to see 10k at this game, and it should.

Upstate NY is a lacrosse hotbed.  We should promote this thing all throughout NY.

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#3 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

Curious if signs and banners are going up around the city of Albany?

UA Class of '93

#4 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

If you're going to host a game I can't think of a better team to draw the largest crowd. Disappointed they are not grouped in the Hofstra quarterfinals site.  

#5 madDOG

madDOG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that **North Carolina** is travelling to UAlbany to play in the first round of an NCAA tournament??!! If you told me this 20 years ago (when I graduated) I would have thought you were out of your g-damn mind.

#6 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that **North Carolina** is travelling to UAlbany to play in the first round of an NCAA tournament??!! If you told me this 20 years ago (when I graduated) I would have thought you were out of your g-damn mind.

I like the draw a lot. The Sunday quarterfinals is on Mother's day so this Saturday is the night most alum will be able to travel to a game.

#7 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

Beating Loyola and Cornell in the tournament will not feel the same as beating UNC.

#8 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

Beating Loyola and Cornell in the tournament will not feel the same as beating UNC.

And I'm looking forward to it.

Their faceoff guy Kelly seems to be at the 50% mark.... can't find the yearly average, but over the last few games,

he sat around 50%

UA Class of '93

#9 Michigan_Dane

Michigan_Dane

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

Totally agree. I applied to a D3 UA. We want more but it's remarkable progress in 20 years.
Formerly ATL_Dane

#10 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

Scott just said on the radio they've already sold over 2,000 tickets

#11 DanesRGood

DanesRGood

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

I will be happy if the attendance is 5k. I'm thinking 4k is what we will end up getting.  

#12 UAFAN

UAFAN

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

Just picked up my tix.  James said over 2200 as of 11 AM, gold seats sold out over night. Expecting close to 8K

#13 madDOG

madDOG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

I really want to go but flights are $600 from ATL and my wife probably wouldn't appreciate me being away for Mothers Day. Dang

#14 UA1882

UA1882

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

My tickets say "will call"... if I don't want to what til Saturday with the crowds , where do I go now to pick them up?

Nm I called and the actually picked up!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by UA1882, 08 May 2017 - 11:45 AM.

#15 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

I will be happy if the attendance is 5k. I'm thinking 4k is what we will end up getting.  

As long as there's no rain, I say it's way over 5k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users