UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #29: 2/27/19 - 7:00PM vs New Hampshire

Eli

My simplistic view is that the problem is on the defensive end.  It has seemed to me that we give up layups at an alarming rate.

My simple research of 4 or the last 5 games (the Maine site had their stats vs UML where their stats vs UA should have been).

UNH shot 46.0% against us while they average 37.5% in league play

UMBC shot 55.6% against us while they average 43.6% in league play

Stony Brook shot 50.0% against us while they average 42.5% in league play

UML shot 57.6% against us while they average 47.4% in league play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Agree gentlemen but here in lies the problem.  We can not get a solid D1 point guard that is a senior in HS because they have already signed elsewhere unless they were a late bloomer, committed to a D2/D3 school and can back out to join UA after a much improved senior season.  So that may leave us with the JUCO route again which is hit or miss, more miss, and they always need a year to acclimate.  I know another year of Clark, backed up by Brooks I guess, could hamper the development of the team.  What a conundrum.

I'm okay with JUCO. Make it happen. I want talent and don't care where it comes from or how long it is here (2 versus 4 years).

Got stuck at work the other night so I missed the game. Caught the replay last night.

Young teams need to learn how to handle adversity but they also need to learn how to handle prosperity. We didn't handle prosperity well. Three wins in a row and we relaxed and paid the price. 

Clark drives me crazy sometimes but going forward I see our backcourt as Rizzuto and Healy. I actually think Clark is a good weapon coming off the bench (when he plays under control.)

5 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Got stuck at work the other night so I missed the game. Caught the replay last night.

Young teams need to learn how to handle adversity but they also need to learn how to handle prosperity. We didn't handle prosperity well. Three wins in a row and we relaxed and paid the price. 

Clark drives me crazy sometimes but going forward I see our backcourt as Rizzuto and Healy. I actually think Clark is a good weapon coming off the bench (when he plays under control.)

I have been an ardent defender of Clark on the board all year because I do not see anyone put in the effort he does on every single play. He is the best ball handler, and the only one that effectively attacks. 

That said, there were at least 3 occasions during this game that you could see (and hear with the light crowd during the snowstorm) that Brown yelled at him telling him to think. Kid seems smart. Seems like a great teammate. Seems like a great talent. Someone just needs to work with him on the mental aspects of his game and getting him to trust his teammates more. He needs to learn to not go up in the air not knowing if he is going to shoot or if there someone available to pass to. Kid has been a baller who was the best player on the court one minute, then makes high school mistakes the next. We all have to remember hat while he is technically a junior, he is really a freshman when it comes to minutes. He barely played last year, and was stuck behind some pretty good players in high school. I still see him as a major part of the team, and one that will improve next season. 

I like him in the 6th/7th man spot. This year with Campbell, and next year with what I assume will be Doherty. 

• Like 2

I was in Nashville for work the past 4 days with little time for anything outside of meetings and dinners so I missed the game.  Glad I did.  I'm a bit surprised but we've seen this all season long.  The staff needs to figure out how to keep the team that beat UMBC and SBU on the court and not the one that stinks.