Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Eli

[FB 2019] Game #3: 9/14/19 - 1pm @ Monmouth

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, reeder said:

 

Joe Davis was billed as a really good football mind. Actual observation on the field paint a different picture.

 

Hes as lost as the rest of this staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should use the tight end more but I’d argue that our issue isn’t offense - it should be better and Undercuffler has to hold onto the ball but I think the issue is that we’re unable to defend.  

This is a Coach Dudzinski issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, reeder said:

He should use the tight end more but I’d argue that our issue isn’t offense - it should be better and Undercuffler has to hold onto the ball but I think the issue is that we’re unable to defend.  

This is a Coach Dudzinski issue.

We can slice this thing 10-way to Sunday but in the end Gattuso more often than not loses. 

 

We can argue about why... People want to talk about end of game and ot but I'll remind folks again that they got blitzed out of the gate. Team was absolutely not prepared to play and were getting emberassed first 35% of the game. Who is responsible to have team ready to play. 

No one can even get a hold of Benson as the person ultimately responsible and who extended this loser with no proven track record. Dude hides like a rat... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're all going to need to attend Bentusso (Benson + Gattuso) Anonymous soon...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Eli said:

We're all going to need to attend Bentusso (Benson + Gattuso) Anonymous soon...

It’s the University that’s addicted to those two, not us!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sarge965 said:

Sadly Benson gave GG a contract through the 2022 season. So the buyout at the end of this season would be 3 years and around $900K.  This season would have been his last u nder the original contract.  Anyone know Benson's contract status - it may be year to year at this point - time to non-renew.


https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/02/08/gattuso-signed-through-2022-to-coach-ualbany-football

 

Call Siena someone over there should be able to explain the extraction process. 

Edited by OneDane
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dslyank said:

Had to laugh at the Monmouth announcers saying "the Big South" and the caa are the class of the FCS. Later amended their statement to add the Missouri Valley conference. Said the Big Three conferences in the FCS were like the Power 5 were to the the FBS. 

IMHO & I HOPE I'm wrong;  yesterday's game was two equally BAD teams battling it out. One of the teams is a BAD team in a good conference and the other team is a bad team in a BAD conference. The bad/bad edged out the bad/good yesterday. In other words throw out conference affiliations, when BADS collide you get what you get.

If you believe the Sagarin ratings, the CAA is number 3 behind Missouri Valley and Big Sky, while the Big South comes in at #11. I’ve said this before, but I think the CAA has taken a top to bottom hit in talent depth due to the NEC and especially Patriot going scholarship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, OneDane said:

Call Siena someone over there should be able to explain the extraction process. 

There has to be one kid with a story...we only need one...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jimbo said:

If you believe the Sagarin ratings, the CAA is number 3 behind Missouri Valley and Big Sky, while the Big South comes in at #11. I’ve said this before, but I think the CAA has taken a top to bottom hit in talent depth due to the NEC and especially Patriot going scholarship. 

My point entirely. The big South is no where near a top FCS conference and Monmouth is no where near a top FCS team. UA dominated them when both were NEC. Bad loss to a Bad team Saturday. I'm close to giving up on this season. May? get a W against a bad Lafayette, but doubt if we win a caa game, even as you say a league that has gotten poorer over the last several years. And for what its worth, the win over Bryant did not come without a bit of luck; 3 long runs (2 for +80 and one for +60) and a deflected ball for a pick 6. I do not think plays like these are drawn up in the huddle.

I've said it several times, in spite of being almost universally harassed; should have STAYED in the NEC. would have made multiple ncaa appearance in the past six fruitless caa years.{and with a clueless gg and a benson ?extention, could be fruitless for years to come.}

Edited by dslyank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dslyank said:

My point entirely. The big South is no where near a top FCS conference and Monmouth is no where near a top FCS team. UA dominated them when both were NEC. Bad loss to a Bad team Saturday. I'm close to giving up on this season. May? get a W against a bad Lafayette, but doubt if we win a caa game, even as you say a league that has gotten poorer over the last several years. And for what its worth, the win over Bryant did not come without a bit of luck; 3 long runs (2 for +80 and one for +60) and a deflected ball for a pick 6. I do not think plays like these are drawn up in the huddle.

I've said it several times, in spite of being almost universally harassed; should have STAYED in the NEC. would have made multiple ncaa appearance in the past six fruitless caa years.{and with a clueless gg and a benson ?extention, could be fruitless for years to come.}

Would Casey have been built without the move to the CAA? You were closer to that than me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dslyank said:

My point entirely. The big South is no where near a top FCS conference and Monmouth is no where near a top FCS team. UA dominated them when both were NEC. Bad loss to a Bad team Saturday. I'm close to giving up on this season. May? get a W against a bad Lafayette, but doubt if we win a caa game, even as you say a league that has gotten poorer over the last several years. And for what its worth, the win over Bryant did not come without a bit of luck; 3 long runs (2 for +80 and one for +60) and a deflected ball for a pick 6. I do not think plays like these are drawn up in the huddle.

I've said it several times, in spite of being almost universally harassed; should have STAYED in the NEC. would have made multiple ncaa appearance in the past six fruitless caa years.{and with a clueless gg and a benson ?extention, could be fruitless for years to come.}

I’m probably too optimistic but even with our deficiencies, we can still be competitive in some of the CAA games.  Not saying that we’ll win many but we should be competitive against William and Mary (although their freshman QB is really good), Richmond, Stony Brook and New Hampshire.  IMO, Rhode Island and Delaware are better than we are and Maine and Towson are much better than we are.  We can win some of those games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Would Casey have been built without the move to the CAA? You were closer to that than me. 

IMHO YES. But; I also defer to others with more knowledge.  Pretty sure most of financing and design work done before caa move announced.  I'll stand corrected if someone has the actual dates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×