UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Well to be blunt - this game scares the crap out of me.

St Francis seems to have found something they were missing in the past.

They are 1-3 but have two losses at Top 10 teams:

#6 New Hampshire - 24-14

#3 Northern Iowa - 30-0

They beat Morehead St. (out of the Pioneer) 31-0 for their first win since 2007.

But then last week they lose to Wagner in OT 56-48.

They have only been averaging 244 yards per game and that even includes a 452 yard game against Wagner.

On defense they don't really defend the run well. Wagner had 257 yards rushing and two guys over 100 yards. They've given up an average of 170 yards rushing per game.

With all that being said this game scares me because its a long hard bus trip for us and we seem to always underperform in Loretta PA. They get no crowd and their stadium is very small. I can remember playing there and there literally being more Albany parents than St. Francis fans.

The team will stop at King College in PA to break up the trip and have a workout tomorrow. Lets hope this helps get the kinks out.

Game notes are up:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/attachments1/70987.pdf

Fordie on Wyland

Injuries: Kyle Okeefe (LG) hurt his shoulder last week and is questionable.

McCarty seems to be getting better.

St Francis is much more athletic than in the past. Freshman QB is going to be a really good player. TB is pretty good too. Just overall much more athletic.

The feed was cutting in and out so if anyone else has anything please fill in the blanks.

To make matters worse it is supposed to rain on Saturday. We had better get our O line and backs going on the quick. We need to jump on them quick. IMHO they would be much more dangerous if they had beaten Wagner. Don't kid yourself, they think they can beat Albany.

Sacred Hearst vs. CCSU was on MSG here in CT. I watched a bit of it. I was rooting for Sacred Heart to win but after two 1st half scores they couldn't get much done.

Looked like a good win for the Danes against a team everyone seemed to think would give them some problems. Good to see McCarty go for 170 on the ground!

Just saw the NEC scores and I'm guessing this is right - Bryant beat Wagner 6-2. In a football game? I'm guessing that's not a typo.

Soaked field, steady rain, 15 mph wind. Wagner safety on a snap over the Bryant punter's head into the end zone. Bryant TD on a 37-yard drive after a high snap and Wagner couldn't get their punt off.

Followed this game on twitter. Good too see McCarty back into it. Almost had two guys over 100 yards as Gannon had a great game too.

Glad to see the O-line get back into it.

Lets hope we continue this roll this weekend and next. Duquesne isn't going to be a slouch and Bryant has a tough rush defense. Defense needs to continue its complete domination. Haven't allowed a TD since the 1st half of Maine (10 quarters)!

Archived