UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Fans

Man talk about people who are depressed look what Siena Fans are saying about there chances v.s. Albany

"The only chance is if Siena's guards have a career night and Albany's can't hit the broad side of a barn."

"If Siena is forced into a halfcourt game, it will be a bigger blowout than last year."

"Make guys like Lucious Jordan, Wilson and Levine hit outside shots and pack it in against Zoellner"

"Making their excellent outside shooters who always light the Saints up from outside hit outside shots does not sound like a very good winning gameplan to me. Pack it in against Zoellner? With who? The only player Siena has over 210 lbs. is only 6'5. Most of Siena's roster are oompa loompas compared to Zoellner. If you think he had a career game when Siena had Haddix, Holle, & Sniezyk, wait until you see the beating he throws on them this time."

"Siena has to do two things to have a prayer: Run Albany out of the gym and hit close to 50% from three and hope Albany misses. A lot."

My Personal Favorite

Slim to none. Albany will have to shoot an abysmal percentage.

Amazing what two years can do...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I too have been reading that thread on the Siena site.

I particularly find amusing some of the strategies that these guys think the Siena team should employ to beat the Danes.

A lot of them think that merely chucking three's up will win the game for them. They give UAlbany little credit for long-range shots.

Some of them phantasize about how Siena will be able to deny Zoellner the ball. They admit that their team has little height, but they will somehow get the job done and prevent Zoellner from getting the ball or going to the hoop.

The members of the Siena forum simply do not realize how many weapons UAlbany has this year. We have someone who can reliably score from just about any position on the halfcourt.

I am somewhat apprehensive about the game, especially with a new coach and game plan for Siena. You have to play it to get the "W," but I am looking forward to a really exciting game and a wonderful season the likes of which we have not experienced since the heyday of Division III.

Yeah I've wanted to get on Siena's board and tell them that despite Zoellner we have Brent, Kiel, Jim, Brian C@L, Levi, Jared who can all play roles even if Zoellner is not effective. I guess they still have nightmares over bigZ with his monster dunk at the end of the game last year. They are in for a rude awakening because they never really saw what Lillis and Brent could do, and I look forward to seeing what the NB3 can do.

I do have my feelings of trepidation about the new style that there new coach is bringing, but I think Coach Brown isn't the type to allow his players to think that any team will be a walk in the park, or at least he won't let them think that until the team has a 20 point lead with a minute to go.

Remeber before we ever beat the Saints we made a couple of strong runs at them while we were the very undermanned team.

Now the roles are somewhat reversed and I would expect them to make a solid run at us and hopefully we can put them away and get the win.

Rivalry matches are usually very tough and I would not go to the Pepsi expecting a stroll in the park, although it would be nice if we took it to them early and opened a big lead but I don't see that happening.

My favorite from that thread is "Most of Siena's roster are oompa loompas compared to Zoellner." I find it especially amusing because last year they were telling us what a stiff Zoellener is. This year he's Shaq although I'm sure it's more a concern with their lack of frontcourt depth.

I agree with Patch that if McCafferty is worth his salt he'll have his team playing inspired and trying to defend their homecourt. I do hope he takes their advice and double and triple teams Zoellner.

Are we talking about Syracuse or Albany?  Because some of the posts on this board act like the Great Danes are a Big East powerhouse?  Remember people, it's Albany.  The same program that has never had a winning record at the D-1 level and has never beaten a D-1 team with a winning record. 

While I will admit they will be a solid mid-major team this year, we can certainly beat them on a good shooting night.

I really hope the Siena players don't read this nonsense!  - saints73

what are you on crack? ... i can't stop myself from visiting that site every now and then, better than comedy central ... true, a long way from "big east," but several steps ahead of the fading saints "on a good shooting night" ... i've never before quoted trina, but it is "a great day to be a Great Dane" ... can't wait for dec. 3

It's actually fun reading the Siena site, they have become such great apologists and excuse makers.

There posters except for a few don't even want to recognize that UA is a developing a program.

Their site leader thinks it's impossible to recruit size unless those players stink and they are all major projects.

McCaffrey gets outrecruited for not 1 but 2 prospects by the AE and it is said he didn't have enough time - well the new Vermont coach had a couple of weeks more and he landed both.

McCaffrey couldn't keep McClinton.

McCaffrey couldn't keep the 2 big kids who had already verballed.

And it's actually funny that of course the MAAC is a much better conference then the AE.

Our Siena neighbors show absolutely zero respect for us and the AE.

I for one hope their program gets back on their feet, I hope they get the recruits they are targeting and most of all I hope we stay cmpetitive and some day earn/win their respect. There is room for two solid DI programs in the area

Remember we are the same young program that was told we can't recruit players of Siena's level and it would be many years before we could actually field a team better than their's and now they have sunk so low they are rebuilding while we are starting to put the finishing touches are what we percieve to be a program.

Many Siena posters think just like Tommy Mitchell who stated that Albany would never beat Siena during his career - Hello!!!! 21pt defeat at the hands of UA.

UA is now the favorite and looking for two in a row!!! How times have changed - facts are facts.

I was also told there that 'it would never happen' that Albany might not want to schedule Siena because the game would hurt our RPI too much. Objectively we may be there now, but hearing them babble is too much fun to drop them. And we're not shooting for an at-large bid that would make the RPI meaningful anyway. Maybe if they have two more bad years we could use it as leverage to get a real home game against them at the Pepsi.

One of the Siena posters mentioned that the AE has many "bottom feeders."

He failed to mention that Loyola's program just two seasons ago almost won the very dubious honor of setting a record for most losses in collegiate men's basketball games.

Edited by olddog71

Dane96 is starting to post on the Siena site.

I can't wait to see how long it takes before he gets in a major debate and they run out of facts to back their argument and will win by silencing him by banning him.

9972[/snapback]

Hey, I got my computer back....I am all business on SUNDAY's. I have been chuckling at that site for two days now. As a pre-cursor, I already anticipate that Brennan "influenced Trimboli and McIntosh" to go to UVM after he left, will be Tony's argument.

Now that......is one funny comeback if he uses it.

UA is now the favorite and looking for two in a row!!! How times have changed - facts are facts.

9967[/snapback]

Here are some facts:

1. The Sporting News ranked the MAAC Conference the 16th best in the nation. The America Least was in the 20's.

2. Siena has been to numerous post season tournaments and has beaten a school from every major conference in the country through the years.

3. Smallbany has never had a winning record at the D-1 level and has never beaten a team with a winning record.

4. One word....Wagner

I could go on and on, but I don't want to hurt too many feelings.

9967[/snapback]

Here are some facts:

1. The Sporting News ranked the MAAC Conference the 16th best in the nation. The America Least was in the 20's.

2. Siena has been to numerous post season tournaments and has beaten a school from every major conference in the country through the years.

3. Smallbany has never had a winning record at the D-1 level and has never beaten a team with a winning record.

4. One word....Wagner

I could go on and on, but I don't want to hurt too many feelings.

9974[/snapback]