UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

According to scout.com Chenango Forks OL Matt Faughnan had commited to Albany. He was first team all-state the past few years and was courted by some 1A schools but not offered. He's also playing on his high school basketball team and was goalie in lacrosse. A 6'3 300lb goalie.

Here's a few things about him.

From ESPN

From Scout.com

According to scout.com Chenango Forks OL Matt Faughnan had commited to Albany. He was first team all-state the past few years and was courted by some 1A  schools but not offered. He's also playing on his high school basketball team and was goalie in lacrosse. A 6'3 300lb goalie.

Here's a few things about him.

From ESPN

From Scout.com

11519[/snapback]

when does the new schedule come out?

I had lunch with Coach Ford and Don Ostrom the other day and informed him that myself and a couple of friends(one guy used to play for Delaware) were going to the Delaware game. He laughed and said we will be 21-28 point underdogs. For those of you who don't know about Delaware they are the program Albany wishes to emulate for their step up. They average around 20,000 people per game. This would be a fantastic road trip for all parties intrested. I am sur we won't win but the experience will be like NO OTHER ALBANY GAME ANY OF US have ever played in or watched. Imagine watching Albany in front of 20-25K on a Sat afternoon.

We need to organize a great road trip and everyone can meet and introduce themselves if possible!

I am also going to see them play at home a couple of times this season. I only caught one game last year at Fordham. My goal is to see them a few times.

Let me know who is going!

the experience will be like NO OTHER ALBANY GAME ANY OF US have ever played in or watched.

11542[/snapback]

Unless one of us was playing or among the 27 people in the Albany section at Montana.

Definitely hoping to travel to Lehigh, Delaware, and Cornell this year. It's great when the kid is finally out of the house.

when does the new schedule come out?

11537[/snapback]

It depends on when the final contracts are signed - May 15 in 2003, Jan. 26 in 2004, March 30 last year.

The Northeast Conference also doesn't announce the league schedule until at least May, usually.

the experience will be like NO OTHER ALBANY GAME ANY OF US have ever played in or watched.

11542[/snapback]

Unless one of us was playing or among the 27 people in the Albany section at Montana.

Definitely hoping to travel to Lehigh, Delaware, and Cornell this year. It's great when the kid is finally out of the house.

11543[/snapback]

I played at Montana and I went on an official visit to Delaware and saw a game. Both great venues but nothing compares to Montana. Delaware, while there will definitly be 20,000, the stadium is no where near as nice as Montana but still a great atmosphere, especially for IAA.

A bit OT, but I was in Pittsburgh last week and had some time to kill before my flight. Happened to see signs for Robert Morris on the way to the airport so I did what most people would do - I went to see their new stadium.

There are stands on one side - the stadium is on a hill so if you look to the other side, you don't really see anything. The building attached to the stadium appeared to be the athletic offices, lockers... Pretty nice building. Couldn't really see the field as it was covered by a layer of snow but I think it's a turf field. They have a nice scoreboard although not as nice as Stony Brook.

In summary - nice field. University Field could be upgraded to that level without a very large capital outlay. In my opinion, not what you would expect for a 1AA school. With the exception of the scoreboard, the stadium is on par with the local high schools in my area.

Hey guys, if you plan on coming to Newark this year, get your tickets early, UD has sold out every game the past 2 seasons, 22,000 plus. Frequently the games sell out 1-2 weeks in advance, so don't expect to drive down & buy a ticket on your way in.

Also, it's a tailgating scene that you won't find anywhere in the Northeast for 1-AA.

I spoke to Ford and other coaches recently. Stadium plans are moving along faster than expected.

Recruiting was good this year. Kids from Florida, Georgia, Texas, a ton from NJ and NY like usual.

The next thing I wouldn't post if it didn't come from the "the mouth of the maker" himself.

I asked about the NEC working for an autobid. The response started out that they were working and very very close to something that would allow post-season play. I was expecting them to tell me about the mid-major bowl (PFL/NEC). But instead I was told not to worry about the NEC Auto-bid because the new America East football conference will have an autobid. The really striking thing was that apparently it is going to happen way sooner than I would have ever expected. Possibly even in 2007!!!!!! I did ask about the NEC contract which was said will be "taken care of." What that means I don't know.

How this jives with the CAA actually starting to sponsor football in 2007 doesn't really make sense to me, but if it happens its great for us.

I asked about the teams that would make up that conference and the answer was the CAA North division teams plus Albany and Stony Brook.

The league would look like this:

-Albany

-Stony Brook

-Maine

-New Hampshire

-UMASS

-Northeastern

-Rhode Island

That is a pretty badass league. I think Hofstra would stay in the CAA as they are an all-sports member or will be soon.

What do you think the guys on anygivensaturday.com will think about that. Haha. They'll never believe it until it happens.

Really, really exciting stuff.

I heard this as well but was staying quiet on the topic. AE football and Hockey(I doubt Albany will field a hockey team but hey, ya never know) that from what I understand will INCLUDE Hofstra. Look for 50+ scholarships in the VERY near future. They are going to model themselves after Delaware(hope to be as successful asthey have been) and hopefully they have a great season this year which they are in dire need of.

Fordie thinks this team will be outstanding and will be loaded with young talent they will need to keep.

Danefan and Ruler, you guys just blew me away with that news. Nevertheless, I feel I must temper my excitement until this all becomes formal. I wonder if during a recent half time interview this is what Dr. Hall referred to when he made mention of something exciting about to happen.