UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big Purple Growl tickets

I don't think they're giving away any in the CC this year for the game(?). There's only 1,000 tix left for EVERYONE..including students, people buying in the next couple days, and people buying walk up. I'm not sure if students can somehow get their tix ahead of time, but if not then get there VERY early. This game is def a sell-out..and not in the "I hope it's a sell-out" way, but in the be prepared way..lol.

I don't think they're giving away any in the CC this year for the game(?). There's only 1,000 tix left for EVERYONE..including students, people buying in the next couple days, and people buying walk up. I'm not sure if students can somehow get their tix ahead of time, but if not then get there VERY early. This game is def a sell-out..and not in the "I hope it's a sell-out" way, but in the be prepared way..lol.

11540[/snapback]

I was in the campus center and I didn't see anything. I'll just try to get in on game night. I live off campus so I can't get it from Res Life. I'm sure they can pack in the student section to standing room only if it calls for it. You just have people stand on the bleachers to make new rows. Does everyone come in to watch the women's game, or does the real crowd show up when the men play?

I would get there before the women's game, you'll definitely get a ticket. After that good luck. I hope that the BU pep band isn't coming, cause not only do I think it is inappropriate for them to be there because it is our home coming game, but also it will take up seats that students or people in the community can have.

I would get there before the women's game, you'll definitely get a ticket.  After that good luck.  I hope that the BU pep band isn't coming, cause not only do I think it is inappropriate for them to be there because it is our home coming game, but also it will take up seats that students or people in the community can have.

11549[/snapback]

If I did not have a ticket to the game already, I would do everything possible to get one as soon as possible.

From what I have read, 2,500 tickets had been sold by Monday, and 4,000 tickets by yesterday. After last night's blowout, I would expect fan interest to increase tremendously. The place only seats 5,000, so do the math.

This event might be the most important athletic event in your life as an enrolled college student. It would be a shame to miss out on this opportunity. In the meantime, I cannot convey how excited I am about this Saturday night. I have waited since the RACC opened in 1992 for a sellout. Right now, it seems almost inevitable that it will.

Edited by olddog71

I heard there were 650 students at the game last night. And that's NOTHING compared to the students that come to a BPG game.

I'm not sure what Athletics is planning on doing for students tix because I can easily imagine another 250-500 being sold before game time on Sat...especially after the big win last night.

Part of me hopes they take a good 800 (the "number" of seats for the two endzone sections) left of the 1000 and say these are 100% for students. On the other hand, that's a bit unfair when we finally have thousands of outside people wanting to buy them.

But it's the students that really make the loud and crazy BPG atmosphere, so who the freak knows..lol.

Who would've thought we'd actually be talking about this problem?? :)

My advice for students is to call ahead and ask if you can pick up a ticket now.

I heard there were 650 students at the game last night. And that's NOTHING But it's the students that really make the loud and crazy BPG atmosphere, so who the freak knows..lol.

My advice for students is to call ahead and ask if you can pick up a ticket now.

11553[/snapback]

GODANESGO,

I personally have no problem with anything you've stated in your post. I am concerned a little about your perception that there are separate student and "fan" seats. With the exception of the chairback and courtside seats which people have purchased for extra money, I am of the opinion that students can and should sit wherever they want.

I welcome a lot more students to the game -- and every other one.

I heard there were 650 students at the game last night. And that's NOTHING But it's the students that really make the loud and crazy BPG atmosphere, so who the freak knows..lol.

11553[/snapback]

GODANESGO,

I personally have no problem with anything you've stated in your post. I am concerned a little about your perception that there are separate student and "fan" seats. With the exception of the chairback and courtside seats which people have purchased for extra money, I am of the opinion that students can and should sit wherever they want.

I welcome a lot more students to the game -- and every other one.

11556[/snapback]

Exactly...I was just using "student" tix being different from others because the students tix are free with other "fans" having to pay for them. And the only reason I had 800 for the "student section" endzones is because I think I heard at one point this year that Athletics (unofficially at least) sets aside 800 for students on the basis that there are that many seats total in the two endzones.

But I think some of the UA diehards fans/alumni should come down and join us under the hope for some games...not just sit in the high-price/high-life chair backs and courtsides! ;) Hahaha

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I was surprised how much buzz the ESPN game and the win over Bing created this week. Someone in my office who I don't think ever watched a college basketball game in his life watched the Brook-Albany game the other night. I had a bunch of other people stop by asking me if I was going to the Growl. Great to see the way people have responded-hopefully this is just the begininng.

Well that means there is going to be a crowd of over 4,300 plus isn't max seating 4,400?  Then its standing room only?

11572[/snapback]

The game reports and official sports profile state that the RACC is a 5,000-seat arena. I doubt whether fire laws would allow a large number of fans to stand in the RACC, instead of having seats.