UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big Purple Growl tickets

Well that means there is going to be a crowd of over 4,300 plus isn't max seating 4,400?  Then its standing room only?

11572[/snapback]

The game reports and official sports profile state that the RACC is a 5,000-seat arena. I doubt whether fire laws would allow a large number of fans to stand in the RACC, instead of having seats.

11573[/snapback]

The official seating capacity, including players, coaches, and other officials, is 4,538.

There are currently 500 seats left.

Edited by Dane96

The official seating capacity, including players, coaches, and other officials, is 4,538.

11574[/snapback]

Dane96,

Thanks for the correction on the seating capacity. As usual, you supply precise info. I knew the capacity was not exactly 5,000, but I could not recall the figure. What is your source for this figure?

Great that there are only 500 tickets left. Knowing that many students particularly are precrastinators (I remember myself, as well, as one), I think many of them are still waiting to get tickets.

It is great that this event looks like it will be a complete sellout. Some people may be turned away at the door. This situation, I think, will lead more rapidly to future sellouts. It's the psychology of the thing that many people want to be where many people are.

Thanks for the correction on the seating capacity. As usual, you supply precise info. I knew the capacity was not exactly 5,000, but I could not recall the figure. What is your source for this figure?

From the construction company that built the RACC:

U.W. Marx built the 4,538 seating-capacity gymnasium adjacent to the existing Physical Education Department. The two story-level facility increased athletic department capacity to 200,000 SF adding locker rooms, racquetball courts, a nautilus room, indoor track, basketball, and volleyball courts.

11574[/snapback]

Dane96,

Great that there are only 500 tickets left. Knowing that many students particularly are precrastinators (I remember myself, as well, as one), I think many of them are still waiting to get tickets.

It is great that this event looks like it will be a complete sellout. Some people may be turned away at the door. This situation, I think, will lead more rapidly to future sellouts. It's the psychology of the thing that many people want to be where many people are.

11576[/snapback]

The wall inside the RACC serves as my source. I always remember looking at it, looking at the design (which I believe is faulty...should have angled out the baselines to a V shape (add about 500 seats to the place) and going "WHY NOT MAKE THIS PLACE OFFICIALLY 5k and then pack in another 500.

Always irked me that we never were officially 5k...and Hudson Valley was about 4k....I MEAN REALLY...we are A UNIVERSITY.

I think you will see anywhere from 500-800 people turned away.

You are right...we win this game, and win it big....the UVM game will probably be close to a sellout as well. We win that one, and heaven forbid and protect me for looking into the future, but we win the AE and head to the Dance....expect 3500-4000 fans per next year.

11576[/snapback]

It's also on the fire marshal's certificate inside the doors from the atrium. There may actually be 'room' for more but not enough fire exits. The media guide says the record crowd was '5,000' for a high school sectional game.

I'm not sure where we placed in terms of attendance in the conference last year but we should be 3rd or possibly 2nd this year. It certainly should help in getting some consideration for the conference tournament.

In addition to the extra seats 96 menioned I'd like to see chairbacks put in on the side aisles. Plus some cupholders!

I'm not sure where we placed in terms of attendance in the conference last year but we should be 3rd or possibly 2nd this year. It certainly should help in getting some consideration for the conference tournament.

. . . Plus some cupholders!

11580[/snapback]

Next year to boost attendance, I hope UAlbany gets more games when students are in session. Binghamton certainly received an advantage this year in not only hosting the tournament but having most of its games when students are around.

Re the cupholders: For next year, I want one specific cupholder - a place where we can display the Albany Cup.

It is great that this event looks like it will be a complete sellout. Some people may be turned away at the door. This situation, I think, will lead more rapidly to future sellouts. It's the psychology of the thing that many people want to be where many people are. - olddog71

we need a 'W' to help guarantee that the folks head home with a positive experience

In addition to the extra seats 96 menioned I'd like to see chairbacks put in on the side aisles. Plus some cupholders! - Dane Pound

would love to see the $ to replace the bench seating w/ chairbacks ... should have been done at the inception ... opposed to the cupholder idea, extra maintenance, check out the cupholders at the pepsi the next time you go there (filthy, plus their ad stickers on each are often ripped/dirty as well)

" ... opposed to the cupholder idea, extra maintenance, check out the cupholders at the pepsi the next time you go there (filthy, plus their ad stickers on each are often ripped/dirty as well)"

-Alumni 92

That may be true but won't happen at the RACC. A much higher class of fan than at the Pepsi.

Edited by Dane Pound

You are right...we win this game, and win it big....the UVM game will probably be close to a sellout as well.  We win that one, and heaven forbid and protect me for looking into the future, but we win the AE and head to the Dance....expect 3500-4000 fans per next year.

11578[/snapback]

Except that winter break starts the day before the UVM game, in more incredible scheduling (and how long have they been back, 3 1/2 weeks?) so I'd be real happy with 3,000 unless the Cats bring a big contingent.

Same with next year - 2,700 during first semester, building to 3K+ in late January. I think it'll take two or three good years in a row to really change the attendance habits, have to show it's not a fluke.

11580[/snapback]

Third this year (all games), don't know why BU isn't required to report. Albany's web site says we avg. 1,995 for ten games, the league is counting Oakland as a home game.

From the AEast site:

Team | HOME GAMES Avg

Albany | 11-29068 2643

Binghamton | 7-24912 3559

Boston University| 9-0 0

Hartford | 9-10024 1114

Maine | 9-10053 1117

New Hampshire | 9-8208 912

Stony Brook | 7-7166 1024

UMBC | 10-16639 1664

Vermont | 8-22696 2837

----------------------------------------------