UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Press Conf. at 4

Well, there's a hostage situation in Kinderhook. Meanwhile Murph's complaining that no one from the University was able to come on his show and give any details, and HE'S BEEN CHAMPIONING BROWN'S CAUSE FOR MONTHS. With friends like him...

Well, there's a hostage situation in Kinderhook. Meanwhile Murph's complaining that no one from the University was able to come on his show and give any details, and HE'S BEEN CHAMPIONING BROWN'S CAUSE FOR MONTHS. With friends like him...

13569[/snapback]

I was :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: when I heard him Championing Browns cause.

13569[/snapback]

I was :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: when I heard him Championing Browns cause.

13570[/snapback]

Statefan has a policy of not replying just to reply. I will reply for him with belly aching laughter.

Will Brown staying at Albany

Albany, NY (Sports Network) - The University of Albany has extended the contract of men's basketball coach Will Brown for five years through the 2010-11 season.

Albany finished the 2005-06 campaign with a record of 21-11, winning both the America East regular season and tournament championships. The Great Danes reached the NCAA Tournament for the first time as a Division I program and, as a 16th seed in the first round, led top-seeded Connecticut by 12 points midway through the second half before dropping a 72-59 decision.

"Will Brown and his staff have done an excellent job of building a young Division I basketball program," said athletic director Lee McElroy in making the announcement. "The team accomplished many historical things this season. The foundation has been laid for the program to be successful for years to come, something that our students, alumni and fans can enjoy with great pride."

Brown, who was appointed full-time head coach on March 13, 2002 had a contract through this season.

"I am grateful to the University of Albany for the opportunity and support I have received," said Brown. "My student-athletes and assistant coaches have worked hard to get the program to where it currently stands.

"I am also appreciative of the way the Capital Region and UAlbany fans have embraced the team. UAlbany basketball has entered into a new era and we are working to build on our recent success."

Brown, just 34 years old, has a record of 53-83 in four-plus seasons at the helm. He took over on an interim basis in December of 2001, then was given the full-time position after the 2001-02 season.

The Great Danes have won 34 games the past two seasons after winning just 19 in Brown's first two-plus years. The team will have eight players, including three starters, return for 2006-07.

Brown was head coach at Sullivan County Community College in Loch Sheldrake, New York for three years before joining Albany as an assistant prior to the 2001-02 season. He led the Generals to a record of 90-10.

So it's less than Pikiell's $267K, and more than either the $160K Harrison was making at Hartford or whatever Al Walker's getting. Fair enough. McElroy said on TV-13 that it's long enough that we'll have time to reopen it in a few years if need be. Brown took the five years as a vote of confidence - very few colleges at this level give long-term deals, because they don't want to have to pay coaches years after they've been fired.

Financial terms weren't released which is fine by me as long as the deal is done. The Times Union story did say he's now among the three highest paid coaches in the conference.

13575[/snapback]

GOOD JOB BY ALL....and I am psyched the ENTIRE Brown family will be around for a bit. THEY ARE ALL GOOD PEOPLE!

13569[/snapback]

I listened to Murphy and he was upset no one was talking to him..

He closed the show disappointed saying that tomorrow he hopes to have someone on to discuss the deal but by then the TU would have beat him to it. He was upset and I was loving every second.

13569[/snapback]

He closed the show disappointed saying that tomorrow he hopes to have someone on to discuss the deal but by then the TU would have beat him to it. He was upset and I was loving every second.

13580[/snapback]

I think Murph forgot something at the alumni house....some type of human "bird."

13569[/snapback]

13580[/snapback]

I think Murph forgot something at the alumni house....some type of human "bird."

13582[/snapback]

I guess I wasn't the only one at the alumni house before the conference championship game who thought Murphy is an Ass.

From HOOPSVILLE.......

Albany Rewards Brown: After coach Will Brown led No. 16 Albany to its best season at the Division I level and a near upset of No. 1 Connecticut in the NCAA Tournament, school officials rewarded him with a five-year contract extension. The Great Danes finished 21-11 this season and won the America East Conference championship. Against the Huskies, Albany led by 12 midway through the second half, forcing a furious rally by the Huskies to dodge the most shocking upset of all time. Brown has helped lift the program from the D-I cellar. Before this season, the Great Danes never finished above .500 in nine seasons. [3/29/06]