UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

06-07 Schedule

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albany is no longer advertising an open game on basketballtravelers.com.  Could this mean the schedule is complete?  Anyone out there with some info?

14807[/snapback]

Brown's website 5/31

I never realized how difficult scheduling would be when you enjoy a little success. Nobody was interested in playing us next year. It was like pulling teeth to get other coaches to even consider us. Forget about home games! Nobody had any interest in coming to the RACC. I guess it could be worse. A few years ago every coach in America was calling my office looking for games. I guess they felt we were an automatic W. How the tide has changed!

New post on the Travelers site 6/1

Looking for a home/home series to start in Albany, NY. Will return the game in 2007/08. Would entertain 2 for 1 with high major program as long as series starts in Albany, NY.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the Travelers site this morning and see that coach Brown is no longer adverising a game. Last time this happen a new post appeared in a few days. He was looking for a home, season opener.

Here is the OOC schedule as I see it. With 5 home and homes being completed this year (as I see it) and the 4 year agreement with Sacred Heart ending, coach will have a real opportunity to upgrade the schedule for the 07/08 season. At the same time next year's schedule will be a big challenge to put together.

If any of you think I am wrong with these home and homes or anything else please let me know.

Home

vs VCU (return of 05/06 bracketbuster)

?vs. Cleveland St (possible return games from 05/06)

?vs. Brown (possible return 05/06 game)

?vs. ?????? (actively searching on travelers website)

Away

@ Sacred Heart (final game of 4 yr contract)

@ UConn

@ Siena

@ Utah

@ Utah Valley St (return of 05/06 game)

?@ Harvard (possible return 05/06 game)

?@ Cornell (possible return 05/06 game)

?Bracketbuster

I just like to see it nice and organized

Home

vs Bucknell (first of a home and home?) (Sat. Nov. 11 @ 7pm)

vs VCU (return 05/06 bracketbuster)

?vs. Cleveland St (return 05/06 game?)

?vs. Brown (return 05/06 game?)

Away

@ UConn ($$) (Thanksgiving weekend)

@ Siena (Sat. Dec 2 afternoon)

@ Sacred Heart (final game of 4 yr contract)

@ Utah ($$)

@ Utah Valley St (return 05/06 game)

?@ Harvard (return 05/06 game?)

?@ Cornell (return 05/06 game?)

Far Away

Pre-season tour of China

TBD

?Bracketbuster (Sat. Feb 17)

We do have a trip to cornell according to this article in the Ithaca journal.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs..../606210301/1006

Next season's schedule includes trips to Iowa, Binghamton and Northwestern and home games against 2006 NCAA tournament participants Bucknell and Albany, Donahue said. The Big Red will also renew its neighborhood rivalry with Ithaca College. The two schools didn't meet this past season because of scheduling conflicts.

Originally published June 21, 2006

According to what Coach Brown said in an article last week, UAlbany would announce its men's basketball schedule sometime this week. I hope that's true so that my wife and I can make our plans for this winter.

I remember a couple seasons ago, however, that the schedule wasn't released until September, so I have to learn some patience.

According to what Coach Brown said in an article last week, UAlbany would announce its men's basketball schedule sometime this week. I hope that's true so that my wife and I can make our plans for this winter.

I remember a couple seasons ago, however, that the schedule wasn't released until September, so I have to learn some patience.

15203[/snapback]

I heard that too, but was getting anxoius so searched the computer for anything regarding shedules. I especially want dates for Utah confirmed so I can start looking for airfare.

What does everyone think about our bracket buster possibilities. I have to think the AE gets at least 2 teams again and that we are one of them.

Here is a theory from the Bucknell board, host conferences are guaranteed full participation with alternating home and away games from year to year. Last year most of the top teams from host conferences had home games therefore quality teams from non-host conferences have a better chance to host a bracketbuster game.

Even without this theory I think we have a good chance to have a home bracketbuster game.

Another thing I saw on the Patriot league site is that both Bucknell and Colgate are slotted for the bracketbusters. Last year the Patriot only had one representative so we may be looking at expansion of the event yet again.