UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

06-07 Schedule

This may be discussed on Thursday. Just curious if I was missing anything:

Confirmed:

UConn-Road

Siena-Road

VCU-Home

Unconfirmed

Utah Valley State-Road

Utah State?-Road

I think Brown owes us a home game as well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Brown owes us a couple of more home games. Last year's non-conference home schedule included:

Harvard

Cornell

Sacred Heart

Utah Valley State

With VCU coming in I consider this an immediate upgrade from last year.

I would think we are a lock for one of the two AE Bracket buster slots. I suspect this will be a road game but you never know.

Does anyone know if the bracket busters will be expanding again this year?

On the Cleveland State message board there's a thread about next year attendance. One of the teams they have listed as hopefully helping their numbers is Albany because we went to the NCAA tournament last year. We can't possibly be playing out there two years in a row, can we?

what happened to the syracuse game every year? the women were able to host syracuse in a home game last year and the womens basketball team is not too good. do you ever see the men hosting syracuse in the racc?

Edited by UA'08

The men's Syracuse contract is over, as far as I know. I think it ended two years ago, and, if I correctly recall, I believe Will Brown was glad the series was over. I don't know whether his sentiments on the Orange has changed, especially after our just completed successful season.

As far as playing Syracuse at the RACC, I don't think that possibility is very realistic. The only "home" game we played in the 4-for-1 series occurred at the Pepsi, where we were, for once, the home team. The attendance for that event was about 9,000, and UAlbany fans seemed outnumbered by the Orange fans.

I think any game between the two teams played in the Capital District area would attract many more fans than the RACC could accommodate. It would be one of the games I personally would sanction again for the Pepsi, and since UAlbany has become more competitive, I think it would draw more fans on a weekend than the first game did.

In summary, this post on the Syracuse series is a bunch of vague ideas in my memory and a few opinions. Take it for what it's worth.

The men's Syracuse contract is over, as far as I know. I think it ended two years ago, and, if I correctly recall, I believe Will Brown was glad the series was over. I don't know whether his sentiments on the Orange has changed, especially after our just completed successful season.

As far as playing Syracuse at the RACC, I don't think that possibility is very realistic. The only "home" game we played in the 4-for-1 series occurred at the Pepsi, where we were, for once, the home team. The attendance for that event was about 9,000, and UAlbany fans seemed outnumbered by the Orange fans.

I think any game between the two teams played in the Capital District area would attract many more fans than the RACC could accommodate. It would be one of the games I personally would sanction again for the Pepsi, and since UAlbany has become more competitive, I think it would draw more fans on a weekend than the first game did.

In summary, this post on the Syracuse series is a bunch of vague ideas in my memory and a few opinions. Take it for what it's worth.

14332[/snapback]

Was there a problem between Coach Brown and Syracuse?

[Was there a problem between Coach Brown and Syracuse?

14333[/snapback]

No, I'm not aware of any strife between the coaches. I think that Brown simply felt two or three years ago that we would simply have been overwhelmed. Sometimes playing a much higher-rated program helps your own program. Sometimes it doesn't. I may be putting words in our coach's mouth, but I don't think he thought we were ready to play Syracuse at the time. I've wondered how he would have thought the 2005-06 team would have fared against the Orangemen, considering our good games vs UCLA, Florida, and UConn.

If I remember correctly the deal was not a good one for UA. Coach Hicks got taken over the coals. In fact we had to guarantee Syracuse money from the gate when we played Syracuse at the Knick/Pepsi.

When Coach Brown got to schedule his own "Money" games he worked out much more profitable arrangements and we've gotten to play at some interesting sites such as Notre Dame, Villanove, Florida, UCLA etc. which is very good for recruiting and profitable for the program.

Not only was the deal not a good one for UA, it was not a good one for the fans. Tickets were $34.50 for the Syracuse game at the Knick. I went because I go to all the home games, but it really wasn't worth that kind of money. I am sure that was part of what kept the attendence to 8 or 9 thousand.

Meg,  the team has played at Wagner, Army and LIU within the past 2 or 3 years, and obviously at Stony Brook every year.

Also, at Columbia in the 00-01 season

14449[/snapback]

Hopefully we will have a better night to play Stony Crook AKA "The Evil Empire" than the Friday before Christmas. Weak turnout last year.

loudenville community college sucks! (thanks Bob)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay it’s time to put the challenge behind us. My understanding is that we need one more home game. After looking at the travelers website, here’s the match-ups I’d like to see.

Big Stretch

Iowa St. @ neutral Wells Fargo arena on ESPN and have them return one next year @ neutral TUC. I know this is not a home game but I would give a home game up in a second for a match-up like this. If you’re Will Brown you have to make this phone call…who knows, ESPN might see us as marketable. If and when you are turned down, you open talks about a guarantee game the following year for the Iowa connection.

Stretch

UMASS. It’s getting to be about time that we get a bigger name from northeast to visit the RACC.

Likely

Wisconsin –GB All I know is they were a 500 team last year and they graduate no one. RPI in the 180’s. Brown continues to use the schedule to help his Midwest recruiting.