UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

06-07 Schedule

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Stretch

Iowa St. @ neutral Wells Fargo arena on ESPN and have them return one next year @ neutral TUC.  I know this is not a home game

14676[/snapback]

Of COURSE the TUC's a home game. Nobody from Iowa would call it a neutral-court game. Don't buy into that Siena $iena that it's their arena. Lots of teams play home games on more than one court - 'nova at the Palestra or Wachovia, St. John's at MSG. Heck, Dukie Vitale said the Pepsi was like a home game for Syracuse in the NCAA.

All you have to do is pay the rent. And maybe take down those banners and cover up that puke-green paint in the lanes.

Big Stretch

Iowa St. @ neutral Wells Fargo arena on ESPN and have them return one next year @ neutral TUC.  I know this is not a home game

14676[/snapback]

Of COURSE the TUC's a home game. Nobody from Iowa would call it a neutral-court game. Don't buy into that Siena $iena that it's their arena. Lots of teams play home games on more than one court - 'nova at the Palestra or Wachovia, St. John's at MSG. Heck, Dukie Vitale said the Pepsi was like a home game for Syracuse in the NCAA.

All you have to do is pay the rent. And maybe take down those banners and cover up that puke-green paint in the lanes.

14683[/snapback]

I was thinking that Iowa St @ Well Fargo is not a home game this year and I know that is what we are looking for. Even though they would call it a neutral site we would know going in that it's an ISU home game. They would know too that a game at the TUC is essentially ba a UA home game.

I know it's the home games that are hard to get. That is why I would not shy away from using the TUC as bait. If we need to use the TUC to host a quality BCS team I am for it. What I'd really like to see is a CAA (in addition to ODU), A-10 or I'd even take a MAAC team at the RACC this year. Something local to the northeast that is not the Ivy or Patriot.

Pool man I agree, play at the RACC but if you can get a BCS team to play in Albany using the TUC you have to jump on it.

Lets not be naïve and think UA will not leverage the fact that the TUC is sitting downtown just a few miles from campus. Is now the right time to leverage this? No, but the time is coming.

Conferences realignment – if bigger conferences come looking, you don’t think UA will mention that they can immediately upgrade their basketball facility by moving downtown.

Conference Championship – wouldn’t you like to see the AE tournament in Albany? This can happen at the TUC right now.

You have to think that UA will host a game at the TUC before the 10 year naming contact runs out. That’s why I am hoping the new court will have gold paint with limited Siena green, the TU or Siena logo at mid court half the size of the current Pepsi logo. Then when the time is right, UA can come in with a few stickers and cover up the MAAC and Siena logos with AE and UA logos and host a home game that looks like a home game.

You have to think this will happen at least once in the next 10 years

I can see where you are coming from about a power conference game like Syracuse at the Pepsi (TUC). Other than that, the RACC will do nicely. If fact I think other than give Will Brown a new contract one of the best things the administration did this year was keep the AE Championship game at the RACC instead of moving it to the Pepsi.

I'd like to see them do some improvements to the seating in the short term. That should go a long way to hosting the conference tourney. Looong term possibly expand it somewhat to increase capacity.

. . . I'd like to see them do some improvements to the seating in the short term. That should go a long way to hosting the conference tourney. Looong term possibly expand it somewhat to increase capacity.

14708[/snapback]

Dane Pound,

What kind of improvements do you recommend for the RACC? I can easily imagine the conversion of more seats to chairback, but no other improvements to the arena itself come to mind. Or are you thinking of the concession area?

How do you envision the expansion of the RACC?

Always interesting to see your posts, and it's great to be discussing this aspect of UAlbany basketball. It is a definite sign of the program's improvement and potential over time.

. . . I'd like to see them do some improvements to the seating in the short term. That should go a long way to hosting the conference tourney. Looong term possibly expand it somewhat to increase capacity.

14708[/snapback]

Dane Pound,

What kind of improvements do you recommend for the RACC? I can easily imagine the conversion of more seats to chairback, but no other improvements to the arena itself come to mind. Or are you thinking of the concession area?

Always interesting to see your posts, and it's great to be discussing this aspect of UAlbany basketball. It is a definite sign of the program's improvement and potential over time.

14717[/snapback]

I myself would like to know how we could improve our facilities. I'm also very interested to see how many people we'll have on avarage this season.. I expect it to go evern higher then last season.

14708[/snapback]

Dane Pound,

14717[/snapback]

IT IS VERY EASY TO EXPAND THE RACC. Two things are required: FANS CLAMORING FOR SEATS...and MONEY.

The football stadium is most likely relocating, so with that in mind, the West, East, and SOUTH sides of the building can be expanded (much like Ok. State did) to accommadate an upper Tier of 6000 seats (the most we would need).

14708[/snapback]

Dane Pound,

14717[/snapback]

IT IS VERY EASY TO EXPAND THE RACC. Two things are required: FANS CLAMORING FOR SEATS...and MONEY.

The football stadium is most likely relocating, so with that in mind, the West, East, and SOUTH sides of the building can be expanded (much like Ok. State did) to accommadate an upper Tier of 6000 seats (the most we would need).

14719[/snapback]

What is the status on the football field. I keep hearing talk about it but nothing ever more then just talk. Is there somewhere I can go to get information on it? Where is it going?

14708[/snapback]

Dane Pound,

14717[/snapback]

14719[/snapback]

What is the status on the football field. I keep hearing talk about it but nothing ever more then just talk. Is there somewhere I can go to get information on it? Where is it going?

14720[/snapback]

Call the ADept...they would probably tell you the status.

I can see where you are coming from about a power conference game like Syracuse at the Pepsi (TUC). Other than that, the RACC will do nicely. If fact I think other than give Will Brown a new contract one of the best things the administration did this year was keep the AE Championship game at the RACC instead of moving it to the Pepsi.

I'd like to see them do some improvements to the seating in the short term. That should go a long way to hosting the conference tourney. Looong term possibly expand it somewhat to increase capacity.

14708[/snapback]

Agreed...the AE Championship needed to be at the RACC. It was an absolute correct decision.

With that said, I would like to see Albany put a bid in for the AE tourney. If we can’t get it at the RACC then get it with the TUC. If Albany happened to be the highest remaining seed in the final game, play it at the RACC. I would think the AE would be very open to this concept.

I would definetly like to see the concessions improved. It wasn't a great situation with 1500 people there and will get worse and hopefully the crowds will grow this year.

I share what 96 posted about expanding the RACC (way down the line) but would like to see seatbacks in the other sections sooner rather than later. I'm guessing the decision was made to put the benches in to cut costs and will haunt us for a while longer.

Other than those two things I don't see any major problems. One of the best things about college basketball is the energy the students bring to the game and we certainly get that with an on-campus arena. I wouldn't trade that for the Pepsi.