UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown.com

o man, you gotta get this on the sit now...

also, someone needs to contact the athletic dept and tell them to connect this to the sports page. Many universities have links to coaches website and stuff. The site is awesome.

Cool site..great to have another source of info to read online that will take more hours out of my work day..lol. Kinda interesting cause the site seems really out of character for him..a lot more frank than what we usually see/hear from him.

I want to volunteer to help him out with his possesives and plurals though..lol. :P

Cool site..great to have another source of info to read online that will take more hours out of my work day..lol. Kinda interesting cause the site seems really out of character for him..a lot more frank than what we usually see/hear from him.

I want to volunteer to help him out with his possesives and plurals though..lol.  :P

14778[/snapback]

I actually almost sent him a comment, but I wasn't sure how it would come across. Is there any chance he'd read this board and make changes? If the site is truly designed as a recruiting tool, the devil can really be in the details. (Not likely, but imagine a star recruit with an English teacher for a parent - not an ideal impression.)

I'll post some of the things I caught here (not counting the "thoughts" page - grammar isn't a requirement of a blog).

On the Recruiting page:

6. I really like guy's that understand how to play the game! Many talented players do not understand the game and how it is suppose to be played.

6. I really like guys that understand how to play the game! Many talented players do not understand the game and how it is supposed to be played.

---------------------------------------

9. We want guy's that can score the ball! A guy that cannot score does not have to be guarded which gives the defense an advantage.

9. We want guys that can score the ball! A guy that cannot score does not have to be guarded which gives the defense an advantage.

10. We like tough kid's!

10. We like tough kids!

On the Philosophy page:

OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY

3. Make more FT's than our opponents attempt

3. Make more FTs than our opponents attempt

4. Four guy's pound the offensive glass

4. Four guys pound the offensive glass

8. 50% fg, 40% 3's, 80% FT's as a team

8. 50% FG, 40% 3s, 80% FTs as a team

DEFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY

2. Pressure the basketball, 4 guy's ready to help

2. Pressure the basketball, 4 guys ready to help

4. 5 guy's rebound the ball

4. 5 guys rebound the ball

There may be others, but those are the ones that I saw the first time through, and the clear mistakes. There are stylistic items too, hyhen use for example, but those aren't really errors. I think the site is a great idea, and I hope it serves as a good tool. Again, the changes aren't meant in any disrespectful manner, but I figure it can't hurt to get the details right.

Does anyone know if Coach Brown reads any of this board or should I send him a "comment"?

Although willbrown.com is copyrighted by Will Brown, the university may have helped set it up, provided content, and may have approval rights, so maybe start with the Athletic Department staff - like Brian DePasquale or Charlie Voelker.

Throw in a comment about too many exclamation points! (check the recruiting tab!!!)

Just a note for Zalman B---if you get upset by bigpurplefans grammar and technical errors you will drive yourself NUTS!! My wife was an English/Speech major and I was a Math major and the grammar errors even drive a Math major nuts because they are embarrassing for the quality of student who is attending or graduated from UAlbany.

However, it is the internet and we are trying to get our message out as quickly and simply as possible. As Bob87 would say--have another beer and enjoy!!!

It's how I feel most of the time reading the threads by fellow alums.  I wasn't an English major, but the grammar and spellin on here isn't the best.

14787[/snapback]

No, it ain't, but this is an informal message board, not a web page that's one of the first impressions a potential recruit may get.

It's how I feel most of the time reading the threads by fellow alums.  I wasn't an English major, but the grammar and spellin on here isn't the best.

14787[/snapback]

No, it ain't, but this is an informal message board, not a web page that's one of the first impressions a potential recruit may get.

14788[/snapback]

Exactly. Not that message boards (here and everywhere on the 'net) don't drive me insane also - they do, but that's my OWN issue. ;)

• 4 weeks later...