UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Serious Situation with Womens LAX Team

UAlbany finds no evidence of hazing

6/21/2006 12:32 PM

By: Web Staff

UAlbany officials said there's no evidence that members of the lacrosse team or hockey club violated hazing policies.

The university launched an investigation after photos that suggested hazing appeared on a website.

Officials said they found no proof of hazing, but there is evidence that the school's alcohol policy may have been violated.

President Kermit Hall has referred the matter to the Vice Presidents for Athletic Administration and Student Success.

He's asking those offices to come up with a course of action to lay down the law on the school's drinking policy.

At this point, officials said next year's lacrosse and hockey seasons are not in jeopardy

15076[/snapback]

Where did you find that?

UAlbany finds no evidence of hazing

6/21/2006 12:32 PM

By: Web Staff

UAlbany officials said there's no evidence that members of the lacrosse team or hockey club violated hazing policies.

The university launched an investigation after photos that suggested hazing appeared on a website.

Officials said they found no proof of hazing, but there is evidence that the school's alcohol policy may have been violated.

President Kermit Hall has referred the matter to the Vice Presidents for Athletic Administration and Student Success.

He's asking those offices to come up with a course of action to lay down the law on the school's drinking policy.

At this point, officials said next year's lacrosse and hockey seasons are not in jeopardy

15076[/snapback]

Where did you find that?

15077[/snapback]

Capital News 9's website

Well I hate to be the one to state the obvious but the school's alcohol policy is broken probably on a daily basis as one who is guilty of sneaking beer onto Indian Quad back in the day.

The bottom line is that no one got seriously injured thankfully and that the adminstration has to keep a better eye out for these things.

Well I hate to be the one to state the obvious but the school's alcohol policy is broken probably on a daily basis as one who is guilty of sneaking beer onto Indian Quad back in the day.

The bottom line is that no one got seriously injured thankfully and that the adminstration has to keep a better eye out for these things.

15080[/snapback]

Yes, thankfully nobody got hurt.

As far as the administration, I'm not sure it should be as liable as many might like. The students, in the final analysis, should take ownership of their behavior. After all, they're considered adults now, and the most effective overlook is self-policing. On the other hand, the whole policy is pretty unrealistic.

Yes, thank goodness, nobody was hurt. By the way, should the person who brought up this type of incident somehow be held accountable? Just wondering.

Times-Union report School says no hazing at party

15093[/snapback]

I saw the last line of his article stated that drinking is prohibited on campus. Is that a new rule? I know when I was a student all of 3 years ago Indian was the only absolutley dry quad and all other on campus housing could have alcohol as long as the person was 21 and there was not an excessive amount. Like when my 21 year old roommmate tried selling to the RA that the 3 18 packs in the fridge were all for him and not me and my other underage roommates (FYI...that didnt go to well, I was supposed to attend an AA meeting but I blew it off)

Anyone know anything of this new rule? Or is the TU just misstating their facts again?

Back in the 1900s when I was there I think the rule was you could have a case for every person over 21 in a suite. Something like that.  I'm sure they've changed the rules since then.

15101[/snapback]

In the 90's it was 2 cases total; yes, I know because my RA had it out for me. Joke was on her though: I fit two beer balls into my trunk and when she came in (with 40 people in my suite) she couldnt find a thing, but the empty cups. It was a a beautiful thing.

If you are 21 and live on campus you are allowed to have alcohol i think up to 1 case and it has to be in your personal room, cant be in the common room,etc. Im pretty sure thats the rule, could be mistaken, but thats how it was told to me at the RA meetings and all of that when i went to school :)