UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Season Tickets

. . . I hope she reads this board...you get brownie points   :D

17287[/snapback]

I just let her get up from the neighboring seat. Talk about "captive audience."

Gotta go now. We're both headed to the gym.

17288[/snapback]

I just told my wife the comment about your "buff" competitor. She got a real kick out of that. Nice revenge.

Then she turned sad. She said she's too frail even to buff her nails. <_<

Edited by olddog71

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again to be honest i'm not completely sure, i know from talking to some of the freshman in the class i'm taking at UA this semester (American Cities if anyone was wondering) they mentioned somthing about hearing that we had a good basketball team. My only hope is that the AD advertises this game, and we win which will cause the fan base to grow and grow. I would love to see lines out the door with people braving the elements to get tickets during the middle of January when school is not in session.

again to be honest i'm not completely sure, i know from talking to some of the freshman in the class i'm taking at UA this semester (American Cities if anyone was wondering) they mentioned somthing about hearing that we had a good basketball team.  My only hope is that the AD advertises this game, and we win which will cause the fan base to grow and grow.  I would love to see lines out the door with people braving the elements to get tickets during the middle of January when school is not in session.

17290[/snapback]

Ditoo. I think a good crowd could get us enough support to win against Bucknell. It would be a great start to the new season. Last season started in fits and starts. Although we lost most of the early games, we did very well (moral victories) against the best opponents, but we stank against the weaker ones. This year I want to see a lot more W's in the early going, and a good crowd could get that streak started.

92, I didn't understand your post. Please elaborate. Thanks.  - alum73

it is just funny to predict that there were a number of individuals in the capital district last evening who did not come out for the exhibition, likely won't come out for many home games, and at the end of the day would receive priority to high demand tickets ... don't peg me as a liberal (very middle of the road politically), but i'd be very much in favor of a well thought out points system for ticket distribution over a simplistic, "priority going to 2006 Athletics donors beginning at the $2500+ level" ... Go Danes

17278[/snapback]

Give $2500, you get 2500 points, buy a season ticket, get 165 points. What's the difference. As I said before, if you donated the 2500 or 25,000, would you not want priority?

92, I didn't understand your post. Please elaborate. Thanks.  - alum73

it is just funny to predict that there were a number of individuals in the capital district last evening who did not come out for the exhibition, likely won't come out for many home games, and at the end of the day would receive priority to high demand tickets ... don't peg me as a liberal (very middle of the road politically), but i'd be very much in favor of a well thought out points system for ticket distribution over a simplistic, "priority going to 2006 Athletics donors beginning at the $2500+ level" ... Go Danes

17278[/snapback]

Give $2500, you get 2500 points, buy a season ticket, get 165 points. What's the difference. As I said before, if you donated the 2500 or 25,000, would you not want priority?

17296[/snapback]

That is one way of doing it. But, how about points for at UCLA, at SD State, At Notre Dame, At Stony Brook, at Hartford, AT AE tournament,. and how about points for other sports, too.

. . . That is one way of doing it. But, how about points for at UCLA, at SD State, At Notre Dame, At Stony Brook, at Hartford, AT AE tournament,. and how about points for other sports, too.

17297[/snapback]

While you're at it, what about points for:

(1) loyalty to team, measured in years of attendance at games

(2) distance traveled to home games

I don't think any oter point systems measure more than $. I only have some awareness of UCONN's system, and not to much detail of that. A friend is in a group which has some season tickets, and they had to give much more than 2500 to be eligible to buy tickets, let alone postseason tickets. Bob, you go to away games for your enjoyment, but if you want preferential treatment for tickets, I'm sure UA would rather you donate, the $ spent, to the athletic program. Alums in LA or whereever can get the tickets for games in their areas. I'm sure Mr. Fallon deserves tickets more than "we" do. Longevity of support appeaars to be taken into cosideration, as lifetime support is also one of the criteria. You want a top notch athletic program and we are on our way, but NYS is not going to pay for it. The UA community is going to have to shoulder the burden. That includes the fans and businesses like SEFCU. I think that's pretty much the reality of the situation. I don't see any other way around it. Loyalty is great and admirable, but it doesn't pay the bills.

I'm sorry to say it because I'm on the little donor list also, loyalty leads to gratitude (which is appreciated) but the money leads to new facilities, more scholies, etc. If we're going to get where we need to go we'll need both energy and money. I can't supply that much money but like the rest of you I can try and supply the energy and excitment. It's going to require both and it seems unwise to try and draw a line between the two.

I'm sorry to say it because I'm on the little donor list also,  loyalty leads to gratitude (which is appreciated) but the money leads to new facilities, more scholies, etc. If we're going to get where we need to go we'll need both energy and money. I can't supply that much money but like the rest of you I can try and supply the energy and excitment. It's going to require both and it seems unwise to try and draw a line between the two.

17301[/snapback]

Dane Pound makes a good point here. The program needs both the donors for financial support and fans like us for support at the games. I can not provide much donation because as Alum73 says I spend too much money going to the games. As far as the point system, I really was just having a little fun with it this morning before I headed to the bills game. I am not looking for preferential treatment. I just am going to go to all the games I can regardless to whether there are points of not and I hope to see you guys at as many as games you can go to.

If we're going to get where we need to go we'll need both energy and money. I can't supply that much money but like the rest of you I can try and supply the energy and excitment. It's going to require both and it seems unwise to try and draw a line between the two. Dane Pound

ditto ... nice to have a "problem" like this developing ... see everyone this weekend