UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU Coverage - Above Normal Today

tons of stuff in the TU today. I was shocked.

By the way, womens game tonight on WCDB, pre-game at 6:35-6:40 pm

17449[/snapback]

lets go Ladies!

I will be present along with my daughter's CYO basketball team.

Cheer on the girls please as they may scrimmage at halftime.

Always fun to watch 3rd and 4th graders after 2 weeks of practice!

:)

You did. I was pretty surprised when I found out they were going to do a story. Hopefully it brings some more people on board.

Lots of good stories in there today including one of the two signings. Brown seems really optimistic about Raffa.

Great Danes sign two guards

Siggers there from the start

Wilson: One senior with all the fame

Five questions

We love these guys for now - Brian Ettkin

The times Union coverage, in the print edition was incredible today. Since we often complain about it, I just wanted by acknowledge my appreciation for a terrific job today. Message Boards were also featured in the print edition; there is an article on the Albany page about this board and Dane Pound's efforts, as well as an article on the Siena page about Tony's board and his efforts. On the back page, where there is a Q & A with Coaches Brown and McCaffrey, the interviewer even asked them both about the effect the message board has on their team, players, etc.

One interesting part of the Q & A was that they asked Coach Brown how he would handle a situation similar to the Kojo affair, with outside influences, etc. He said that you constantly have to rerecruit your own players and that every year, Jamar had outside influences telling him to leave here and go to a higher level.

All in all, an extraordinary job by the TU, and well worth picking up the print edition, if you can.

The times Union coverage, in the print edition was incredible today.  Since we often complain about it, I just wanted by acknowledge my appreciation for a terrific job today.  Message Boards were also featured in the print edition; there is an article on the Albany page about this board and Dane Pound's efforts, as well as an article on the Siena page about Tony's board and his efforts.  On the back page, where there is a Q & A with Coaches Brown and McCaffrey, the interviewer even asked them both about the effect the message board has on their team, players, etc.

One interesting part of the Q & A was that they asked Coach Brown how he would handle a situation similar to the Kojo affair, with outside influences, etc.  He said that you constantly have to rerecruit your own players and that every year, Jamar had outside influences telling him to leave here and go to a higher level.

All in all, an extraordinary job by the TU, and well worth picking up the print edition, if you can.

17461[/snapback]

Statefan,

Thanks for the report on the articles you cited. Those of us who find it impossible or very difficult to obtain the written Times-Union appreciate the extra information.

The quotation about constantly recruiting your own players shows a coach whose wisdom is beyond his years. I hope that he will stay here a long time.

On the back page, where there is a Q & A with Coaches Brown and McCaffrey, the interviewer even asked them both about the effect the message board has on their team, players, etc

I didn't see this online - what was the answer?

17464[/snapback]

McCaffery said he doesn't read the message boards.

Will Brown: "I'm sure it's good for you media guys because you can find out, apparently what kids that Fran and I are suppposedly recruiting or offereing. It's the armchair quarterback theory. Those are all the people that are on the message boards. The problem I have with them is people slamming 18-, 19-, and 20-year-old kids. What you're writing is affecting young people because I've got to believe that Fran's players and my players do read message boards. People on these message boards have no idea what Fran and his staff and myself and my staff are doing on a daily basis. Fran and I aren't starting a message board about people from a certain bank about what they're not doing on a daily basis and what's going on in their lives."

Archived