UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UConn

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does "Siena sucks" still sound good in my head?

I do hear you guys on the other stuff.

I personally love the chant where the pep band does the their thing and the fans chant "lets go danes."

Not quite sure how to describe it but i think you guys know what I mean.

17650[/snapback]

THIS CHANT IS APPROPRIATE!!!

;)

Never mind the chants which also bothered me, the thing that bothered me more was the guy who sang the national anthem so loud I swear everyone in the arena heard it.  If you want to sing go ahead,  just sing at a volume that doesnt interfere with the person perfoming on court.  Ticked me off to no end.

17652[/snapback]

My reaction to that is that if everyone would sing, that loud guy wouldn't even be noticed. I think it was a bad time in America...patriotically and in athletics...when the national anthem became a performance piece instead of a participation piece. I think my alma mater could do nothing better to establish an arena identity than to become the one where the anthem is sung loudly and proudly by the fans...led by invited guests (and, to be honest, so many of those who are performing it do a lousy job...and any relationship to the real music is entirely coincidental). That would start the game with a sense of fan unity that could then carry through to the chants.

Even on TV or radio... I know what's being said with Notre Dame fans and their "we are" from one side with the other side responding "N-D". That's the first school I heard doing it...a lot of others do it as well...And it would work well with "WE ARE....UA!" You just alternate it between the sides of the arena.

I like those ideas. I'll join the loud guy, (unless I'm him). Bob is your side WE ARE or UA? Maybe we can go around the arena. The student ends to we are ua, then the sidelines repeat it. The cheer leaders and dance teams can coordinate it.

I like that idea!  When I hear WE ARE.... come hell or high water I'm screaming UA! :D

17700[/snapback]

Guys...this can be done. Let's put it this way: When I had seasons to BC football they were playing a HUGE thursday night game against VTech (Vick was insane). BC ran the punt back for a TD right before the half. My row just stood and went bonkers for the last minute. The old guys (who make the Siena faithful look like youngsters) said, no bull, "EXCUSE ME, BUT CAN YOU PLEASE SIT AND NOT BE SO LOUD...WE ARE TRYING TO ENJOY THE GAME."

There were about 700 members of the BC Super Eagle Student section.

Now, 5 years later, BC knows when and how to chant, has miked the band, and the Super Eagles have to number well into the 3000-4000 student range..AT LEAST THAT.

I knew the kid that took the risk and was the ringleader of getting the stadium going.

AT UA...we need the same...even if it is an older alumn or fan of the school.

Suggestions: MAKE PLACARDS....someone on the EAST SIDE holds up "WE ARE." SOMEONE ON THE WEST SIDE HOLDS UP "UA."

Folks...that's how it begins.

THE BAND NEEDS TO LEARN THE FIGHT SONG....and the ALMA MATER....and it needs to be played during the game (FIGHT SONG...short version) and the end of the game....IMMEDIATELY PROCEEDING...THE ALMA MATER.

The students: at the beginning of everygame you should be so loud our ears hurt....just make noise while the other team has the ball. When we get a defensive break...and go on offense you cheer....after we score....you go ballistic again...UNTIL THE OTHER TEAM SCORES. The RACC WILL BE SO LOUD YOUR EARS WILL HURT!!!

Do that at the start of each half.

I'm telling you, my ears rang for the entire night after Bucknell. I was sitting in the front row and I think all the noise was cascading down, it was awesome, I couldn't hear myself think. Several folks gave me dirty look from the court side seats because my whislting was so loud that it bothered them. I say, if you want peace and quiet go to the morgue!

I'm dying to know what the turn out will be this Friday. Students that are on campus please tell anyone and everyone that will listen. It would be awesome to have 3500+4000 people there.

The fight song is on the university web site. I think the band should definitely play it. I'm sure someone in music could take the recording and rearrange it for the band. The person who plays the music could play the recording. It sounds like the Earthtones or some other acapella group is singing it.

Fine, U Know, UA. I think we need to train the fans. We can leave intstructions on the seats. But I don't think that can be done before tomorrow. We'll have to wing it. Pep Band - Work on that fight song. I'll start compiling our chants, cheers or whatever we're calling them.

Fine, U Know, UA.  I think we need to train the fans.  We can leave intstructions on the seats.  But I don't think that can be done before tomorrow.  We'll have to wing it.  Pep Band - Work on that fight song.  I'll start compiling our chants, cheers or whatever we're calling them.

17712[/snapback]

And band...learn the Alma Mater. Should be played EVERY GAME....at the end...as the fans are piling out.

Alum 73...shoot me your e-mail via PM. I think you have the right idea!!!

Fine, U Know, UA.  I think we need to train the fans.  We can leave intstructions on the seats.  But I don't think that can be done before tomorrow.  We'll have to wing it.  Pep Band - Work on that fight song.  I'll start compiling our chants, cheers or whatever we're calling them.

17712[/snapback]

Here's another soccer chant, very simple:

Come oonnnn, UAAAAAAAAAAA (sorry, trying to make it phonetic)

Sort of like "Come on, US" or "Come on, you Reds" (Scumchester United). Best to do when we're on offense working the ball around. I don't think I'll be able to make Delaware, but maybe I'll try it out a game in Dec.

I agree that "UA, U Know" with a couple of people at either ends with placards would work well. I see no reason why the cheerleaders/dance team couldn't handle this. We had a similar thing at Michigan with "Go" and "Blue" coming from either end of the stadium/arena.

S$

Archived