UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Retiring Jamar"s Number

Jamar needs 13 points to pass Gary Holway and become the Danes all-time leading scorer. and 163 to go over the 2000 mark.

My bet is he passes Holway Saturday at UVM's Patrick Gymnasium.

There are reports his #31 will be retired in a ceremony on Senior Day. I'm not sure if that is an appropriate time to do that, as Senior Day is for ALL seniors to be recognized. Maybe sometime down the road would be better. He definitely should be honored individually for all he has don to further this program.

I agree with PHaze. Retiring his number when he hasn't even graduated doesn't seem right. Doing something about 2,000 points or #1 scorer all time at UA is different.

I would bring him back next year for the first game when we show off our second straight AEast Championship and retire his number then.

I agree with PHaze. Retiring his number when he hasn't even graduated doesn't seem right. Doing something about 2,000 points or #1 scorer all time at UA is different.

I would bring him back next year for the first game when we show off our second straight AEast Championship and retire his number then.

I completely agree. Retiring his number after the year is up would make the most sense. They should have a "Jamar" day and make an event out of it after he graduates. They could always honor his #1 scorer status during the final conference game as they honor all the seniors, or introduce Jamar as "the leading scorer in the history of UAlbany hoops" in the following home game after he breaks the record.

I am totally for retiring his number.

And I know I don't have as long a perspective as some of you guys, but Jamar may very well be the one player who's impacted UAlbany athlettics the most.

It's well earned.

My thoughts exactly. I shudder to think what would have been the outcome for the program had Jamar transferred out.

I am totally for retiring his number.

And I know I don't have as long a perspective as some of you guys, but Jamar may very well be the one player who's impacted UAlbany athlettics the most.

It's well earned.

My thoughts exactly. I shudder to think what would have been the outcome for the program had Jamar transferred out.

I don't think that there was ever any thought of him transferring

Archived